Remington Nylon 66

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by silverhog, Dec 28, 2009.

1. oldobie

oldobie New Member

I grew up in central Nebraska and had a Brown 66. A bunch of my buddies and I would walk the cut corn fields (farmers left about 1 foot of the stalks in the field to trap the snow) and flush the birds to one end. If they flew up some of us had shotguns, if they ran and stopped we would head shoot them with the 66. Those were the good days back in 62-63. I remember that 3 of us all bought brown 66's at the same time in the "hardware" store.

Thanks for the memories!

Rifle is still in the family, my youngest (51 yrs old) brother still has it.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

As a kid I had a Remington Model 512 .22 bolt action that was a great shooter. When the Model 66's came out I wanted one in the worst way, but it never worked out. Dad always thought I'd just waste ammo if I had a semi-auto.

I sure wish it had come to pass, I know they are great guns and it would be good to have one.
  3. silverhog

silverhog New Member

4. silverhog

silverhog New Member

My nylon 66 is as brand new since I have cleaned it completly. This weapon will feed me when SHTF.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Their awesome rifles IMO. I have one on my bench right now that I'm getting ready to disassemble and replace/buy some parts for.
  6. Grahajp

Grahajp New Member

I bought an Apache back in the early eighties when my boys were just getting old enough to shoot. Between the three of us we have shot a zillion rounds thru the thing. Even though we have several other 22's to choose from, it's the first rifle we grab when heading to the river for some serious plinking. I love it :eek: and will never sell it
  7. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I hear ya, the original Nylon 66 I got from my dad, man the rounds that thing went trough...it would be absolutly impossible to even think of how many thousand rounds went trough it...:)
    You'd think the rifling would be totally worn out!
  8. MYREDTAIL

MYREDTAIL New Member

I bought mine NIB in 1975 its the Apachie Black with the chrome BBL It's easy to take apart to field clean it & that's as far as anyone should ever take one apart, I bought some new replacement parts for my Nylon 66 from Numrick arms as they carry new parts for most of the Nylon 66 model guns, so check them out if you are in need for some replacement 66 parts, I have shot a few hundred Woodchucks with my 66 using either CCI Stinger or Rem Yellow Jacket's out to apx 100 yds a good solid body or head shot will put them down with one shot,I have taken Bunnies with this gun & ammo also It's a gun that won't quit & something to hand down to the grand kids, etc.