The Firearms Forum banner

Remington R-1 Carry

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  graehaven 
#1 ·
I just saw where my supplier listed a new remington R-1 1911 "carry" version but didnt release any pictures. I went to remingtons web site and they dont have anything up yet either. I am curious to see what is so different from the enhanced version that there is a 270.00 difference in base price....I guess by adding the name "carry" and giving it a front trijicon night sight and cocobolo grips must have done it. Sure would like to see a picture........

#3 ·
Hey Grey Owl, I googled it and looked everywhere but I guess its so new there is no pics out yet. The jump in base price is pretty substantial so I am curious to see what it looks like.

#6 ·
Well, one of my suppliers actually has them in stock but doesnt have any pictures of them. How are you suppose to order it without knowing what it looks like?

#11 ·
I like the Remington R1's but a carry version should be a compact. I do not see the need for this model but that is just me. I would rather see a compact model come from Remington, that's something I would be interested in. I am currently trying to sell my S&W 645 with 2 full slide assy. for enough to buy the SS model R1. That way I have a R1 in both versions but I would not be interested in this model just like the enhanced does not interest me.
I guess that's what makes the world go round.

#12 ·
I would only be interested in the enhanced model or a commander if they ever made one. I prefer a 1911 with decent sights and a few upgrades. If I bought the basic R-1, I would end up doing the upgrades to it anyhow so I might as well go with the enhanced. I highly doubt I would be interested in this "carry" model but I am interested in what it looks like. They are asking too much for it anyhow.

#13 ·
It would be cool if it was a commander length with no FPB, build it just like a S70 Colt Commander.

#14 ·
Gotta give remington credit, they introduced their 1911 models and they delivered on every one of them. They are all readily available at all of my suppliers all the time. I wish I could say that about ruger, springfield, smith and a few others.

#15 · (Edited)
OK well davidsons has a picture...looks pretty nice...I know the front night sight and the cocobolo grips and a few other things I see but is it worth the extra cash? Ambi safety and different slide serrations....definitely their best looking one yet in my opinion...who knows, I might end up with one after all...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.