Remington Rand M1911 A1 US ARMY

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by jackofalltrades, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades New Member

Hello,

I was wondering what this Firearm is worth. It is a Remington Rand serial number 102xxxx. I believe it was made in 1943. It has a hard chrome finish not sure if the finish is factory or aftermarket. The slide has the type 2 markings on it. The frame has FJA stamped on it. Along with United States Property, M 1911 A1 U.S.ARMY. Also the magazine has a S stamped on the lip. When i took the gun apart i switched the grips. The grips it came with are Franzite.

Thanks

barrel.jpg full.jpg parts.jpg grips.jpg
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    im sure your aware at one time this was a milatary pistol,i am pretty positive that it has been refinished,that being said it has lost any value as a collector.however if the chrome was put on professionaly it will still be a good shooter.re value i think around here it would go for any where from 350.00 low end to 500.00 top.i hope this helps old semperfi
  3. RJay

RJay Active Member

With out the hard chrome and if it was in the original condition, 1 to 2 thousand. Now? 4 to 5 hundred as a shooter.
  4. jackofalltrades

jackofalltrades New Member

Thanks for your answers. It does shoot great. I paid $250.00 for it. Not sure why the previous owner refinished it.