1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Remington UMC ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ninjatoth, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

My wife asked if I wanted her to bring me home some ammo from the store for my 9mm and I said sure.She comes home with UMC by remington,and they are JHP at almost a plinker price!They look almost the same as my Federal Hydra-Shok ammo,but cost 60% less per round than the Federals.What is the deal with this ammo?Is it good for defense or just plinking?They look like defense rounds,but at a plinker price.Is this too good to be true or are they pretty good?

Attached Files:

2. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I would use them for defense if...
    I got 300 rounds off without a single misfire or misfeed.

The primary difference between defense rounds and plinking (aside from the bullets used) is quality control. Every time I pull the trigger on a defense round it had better go bang. If not then I'll be on the phone right off of the bat, and I will never by that brand again. It's not necessarily the case with plinking stuff. If I get one misfire out of 100 with the plinkers I'm ok with that, more than that and I would be on the phone with the manufacturers trying to figure out whats wrong.

I load most of my ammo, but (currently) not my defense rounds. That's mostly due to the whole lawyer making me a monster thing.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I think it was a couple of years ago i found some of this ammo in 10mm at a gun show. 16.95 a 50 rnd box. I looked at the lady and said I want all you got. 14 boxes was all she had. I have 10 boxes left. Someone screwed up i thought. When you find the deal take it.
  4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

10mm for 16.95???Aren't 10mms the auto answer to the .44 mag?I don't know what 10mm runs now,but if I had to guess I would guess at least 40 bucks a box.