Remington UMC ammo

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by ninjatoth, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

My wife asked if I wanted her to bring me home some ammo from the store for my 9mm and I said sure.She comes home with UMC by remington,and they are JHP at almost a plinker price!They look almost the same as my Federal Hydra-Shok ammo,but cost 60% less per round than the Federals.What is the deal with this ammo?Is it good for defense or just plinking?They look like defense rounds,but at a plinker price.Is this too good to be true or are they pretty good?

Attached Files:

2. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I would use them for defense if...
    I got 300 rounds off without a single misfire or misfeed.

The primary difference between defense rounds and plinking (aside from the bullets used) is quality control. Every time I pull the trigger on a defense round it had better go bang. If not then I'll be on the phone right off of the bat, and I will never by that brand again. It's not necessarily the case with plinking stuff. If I get one misfire out of 100 with the plinkers I'm ok with that, more than that and I would be on the phone with the manufacturers trying to figure out whats wrong.

I load most of my ammo, but (currently) not my defense rounds. That's mostly due to the whole lawyer making me a monster thing.
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I think it was a couple of years ago i found some of this ammo in 10mm at a gun show. 16.95 a 50 rnd box. I looked at the lady and said I want all you got. 14 boxes was all she had. I have 10 boxes left. Someone screwed up i thought. When you find the deal take it.
  4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

10mm for 16.95???Aren't 10mms the auto answer to the .44 mag?I don't know what 10mm runs now,but if I had to guess I would guess at least 40 bucks a box.