The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington Viper 522

12K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Need to find assembly instructions for Rem 522. A friend just brought me 2 that will not fire I am sure they are assembled wrong. Just need some instructions. Anyone know were to find instructions or know the trick to putting one of these back together? Thanks in advance.

Swamprat

#4 ·
I'd steer away from them. From looking for info on them I have found out that magazines are hard to find and expensive (in the $50.00 range). They are extremely hard to work on and the guts look cheap made. The Glock guy's should love them though they are mostly plastic. LOL

Swamprat

#5 ·
I've owned a Viper since they first came out in 94 i think it was. It was a christmas present. I find that it is a great plinker. I've killed many a squirl and hit many a target with this gun. I've always used iron sights on it but it does have a built in scope rail. It was an attempt at a light .22 cal plinker. And it only weighs 4.5 pounds with a 20 inch barrel. It is a mostly plastic construction though i've have not had any endurance problems. I was afraid at first that if I took it apart to clean it something would break but now I have no worries about it. I've been shooting it for over a decade now with no problems except that I lost the magazine a couple years after I got it. Luckily back then magazines were cheap, 10$. As of today there was one on ebay for almost $40 with plenty of time left on the auction. Good gun just didn't have a good life.

#14 ·
The only person, from this thread, who is still posting on the forum, other than you and I, is Oneida Steve and he did not know the answer in 2007 when he last posted on this thread. If you were to start a new thread with the information you are seeking, I bet there is a strong possibility that you might get an answer to any question that you can post. There has been a huge influx of very knowledgeable members in the past 10 years,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.