Reminiscing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rmrdaddy, Jan 30, 2006.

1. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

Good Evening all...
    I was just looking over the main forum page, who's online, members, all that info waaayyyyy down there at the bottom.
    It blew me away that we had 900-odd folks on the forum on the 22nd of this month.
    WAXING NOSTALGIC....
    Not that I'm the most prolific poster, but I've been a member since March of 2003....But I remember the old days.....
    IIRC we all tried to be online one time to reach something like 200 of us online at the same time...
    We had all the good old mods and regulars, TallTLynn, BlackGun, ZigZag, Warpig...
    Good thing we've still got a lot of the "old timers"(no offense guys!) still on the boards, SoMo, InPlanoTX, Armedandsafe, IBTruckin, Mithrandir, Smokin Guns....
    I'm probably missing a bunch of folks, I guess I could go and look thru all those old posts...Memories....
    ANYWAY
    I guess I'm just glad I ended up here as a Lifer, I've always had a high regard for my fellow members, and there couldn't be a nicer bunch, in my humble opinion.
    SO,
    Anyone else remember those old days?????

The Daddy
  2. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I am not an old timer here, but I could not agree with you more, there are a lot of great people here.
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

I miss the stories...

And BobinStLouis always sticking something good right in the middle of a heated argument that would get you spitting liquid through your nose from laughing so hard...

Anybody heard from him, or TLynn, or Warpig lately? I got a Xmas card from Cointoss last year.

And gonepostal was always a hoot to to read, I never saw such good use of "random capitalization" in my life!

I remember as some of the high points of my life is a couple of trips I took in 2001 during my last job, where I got to meet Warpig, and the one I got to meet Bob, GP, Fredneck and Bree.

In fact in one Motel room in Jeff City, MO Bree and Fred, GP and I shared a 12 pack and some St.Louis pizza, all the while there was some SERIOUS ordnance laying on display on the bed! :cool:

And I remember touring Bob's "Gun room" and being IMPRESSED. (I didn't realize there were THAT MANY Eibars in the entire WORLD!!! :eek: ) I did buy a type 53 from him that trip too!

Ah yes.....I remember....
  4. Dan70

Dan70 Member

I also don't post very often but have been a member since before the switch from ezboard. I do stop in almost every day to see what's going on. Those stories were something to read.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I am not an old timer here for sure. I have been stopping by and reading the Constitutional fourm for quite awhile now and am still amazed at the combined knowledge of everyone here.

This was the main reason that I finally decided to 'sign up'. I think that I'll not regret doing so. I like to trade words with 'like' minded people, it's great, this place is great, life in general is great!!!

My thanks to everyone here!!
  6. I've only been here since November, but I will say this is the ONLY firearms forum I would care to be part of. The reason for that is simple: It's the people I've met here. People who are not only knowledgable about firearms, but more importantly, people willing to share that knowledge, and have a few laughs along the way.
  7. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

YO Daddio, thas sumkind werd s an if IB cud remembr wot happen day b4 torroa sure -----yar ol Black Gun da "pig' SL Bob TT lyn who IB mebe secretlee wuz inluv wit even da "swamp angel" hisself wen he felt likit......mos ala dem
    fugitives frum =-=======uh--------dam IB jus kant rmembr only cudda bin aweakr so ago?? evn dat wetbak bordrjumpin castaway frum
    lays
    like hoo?? :cool:
  8. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Yup......came over on the first wagon train from Brand X. One of the "original Miscreants".

I surely miss those who've left, but we've gotten a lot on newer members who've taken up the slack, and who've contributed greatly to TFF.

This is a fine community of firearms enthusiasts.....the best there is!
  9. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

I stumbled in here around 2001 or 2002 I think. Made the transition from ezboard and helped with the move. Sure do miss those old times a little. People come and go and the more people I meet here the more that this board comes alive. I miss our Friday nite meets in the chat room. Used to be a whole bunch of us going at one time. The lines used to go past you so fast, that if you didn't know how to type, you got lost! Made and met several people on this board and wish I could meet a lot more. Hopefully soon.

Ndat dumi fum Gerzi iza rel hoot! ;) :D :D

I also like that PS and X and Polish and JohnK3 have relit the military history forum candle. Gawd, it was dark in there for a long time. Super glad to have all these knowledgable people who can really churn up a super discussion without resorting to shouting and name calling. We have a lot of good people here and I have found a home. Thanks all!

Glad y'all came back Daddy! Missed our fun times in chat!
  10. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

AW Shucks.....
    Well Plano, I still have some Single Barrel stashed away somewhere...
    I had forgotton about the chatroom fun.
    Is that still up and running?
  11. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Been here since before the ezBoard change.

Fine bunch of folks and, not only knowledgeable but most congenial, too. Even when one disagrees, they agree to disagree and nothing the likes of hard feelings left behind.

We are the cream of the crop!!!!!
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Yes, but no one organizes the chats anymore. Maybe we ought to think about starting that again. ;) :)
  13. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I think that is a great ideal IPT, Friday night meetings,when do we start?
  14. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I came in just before the switch from d'odda place. I've found a home. Thanks to everybody who has made that so. :D

rmrdaddy, don't be such a stranger.

Pops
  15. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I am just a new kid on the block but they are some great friends here and some that I still have to meet up with for a cup of coffee.
    Ron
  16. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Seems that some may have gotten lost in the switch-over.
    People come, and people go.
    Some come back. ;)
  17. rmrdaddy

rmrdaddy New Member

I'm up for some chat room! I can't promise I'll be on every nite, but I'll post in the general forum if I'm going to be in there.
    Anyone alse interested in using the chat(again for you old-timers, or for the first time for you newer folks)
    Hey admins, everything still work in the chat room, any new things we should know to log in?
  18. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Yep, chat still works. Just make a post in Gen Discussion when you go into the chat room, and hang out for a while to give folks a chance to discover that someone's there.

For those of you who haven't used our chat room before, you will need to register at www.ezboard.com , since that's where our chat room is hosted. After you've registered over there, log in to the ezboard site, then come back over here and click on our Chat link.

Let's see if we can get some lively chats going again! I'll even buy a round of drinks for everyone at the chat room bar! ;)
  19. rosierita

rosierita New Member

:D singing *Memoriessssssssss* :D
  20. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Hey, rmrdaddy! I think you still owe me a dance! ;) :D