Reminton mod. 11 ?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by goofy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Well i'm going to try this with out a camera(I can't get this thing to work) Have to get a new one.I have a remington 12 ga. it looks like a mod. 11 "IDENTICAL" It matches all the pics..But this one has no checkering and engraveing. The markings are- on the top of Barrel, Remington Arms-Union Metallic cartridge Co. remington works,ilion,NY usa.under that is Browning's Patent's oct.9,1900,Dec.17,1901,Sept.30,1902,June 16,1903.Left side o barrel is FULL. And on right side is R.P. in a circle. On the bottem of barrel ia a small H and in large D135 and the ser# on the tube bracket 179791. On the recever is the ser#(on bottem) and on the recever tang is REMINGTON underlined. under that is "trade mark"in small letters. On the trigger gard tang in a circle is remington umc. The problem is there is no other markings no 12ga no 2 3/4 none of the other markings that the book says it should have. It has a horseshoe shaped forarm and a plain stock.Could this be a mod.48? it has a 28 inch plain barrel with a bead site.I'm sory for no pics. Will have to go out and get a new camera. Thanks..................GOOFY:)
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. Goody

Goody Member

3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

Thanks Goody!! I looked on the post and it's a 11 the info was more detailed then the info i have:D So now i know why it's not chamber or ga. stamped.Thanks again!!....GOOFY:) How much is it worth at 60% my book dos'nt show this mod.? they only talk about a mod. 11 that is not the same(i think a later mod.)that is engraved checkerd so on:confused: