Removing AR-15 Handguards

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

A Professional
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/25/01 6:23:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All AR-15 and Harris bi-pod
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got a Harris bi-pod for christmas, and a swivel adapter for it. The adapter fits into the lower handguard in one of the holes. In order to do this, I have to take off the handguards, and I dont know how. Whala my question, how to get them off a AR-15 carbine.

Thanks

P.S. I did check the manual to no avail.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/25/01 7:06:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: AR-15 and Harris bi-pod
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a ring at the rear of the handguards that the handsguards fit into. Pull this ring to the rear and you should be able to remove the handguards.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com