Renard .25 made?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by belercous, Dec 26, 2009.

1. belercous

belercous Former Guest

I have a Renard patent pistol in .25 acp, s/n 77xx. I have tried, but cannot seem to find (on the interweb) when this little gun was made. It doesn't seem to have any "proofs." Does anyone know when this pistol was made? And where? Any other info about this mouser-pooter would also be most appreciated. I would like to thank you kind gentlemen in advance for any assistance which you may be able to provide.
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Renard was a name used by Echave y Arizmendi y Cia. Made in the Eibar region of Spain, probably in the 1920s or 30s.
  3. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Spain had no compulsory proof law until 1923, and even then it was not enforced, so many guns of the 1920-1930 era never were proved. (We can speculate that had they been, quite a few would not have suvived.)

Jim