The Firearms Forum banner

Renewal processing times vary by location?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
I had sent in the renewal for my C&R mid Dec. Check was cashed about a week later (go figure)..since then, nada. Figure I'd call. Gal told me that my renewal was "pending", whatever that means. She went on to say the person responsible is very backlogged as she covers ND, SD, NE, OK and another state or two. Got me thinking does it take longer or shorter times to get a renewal done depending on where you are located? Guess I didn't realize person X was responsible for this area and that area. Have another month before it expires...

Any thoughts, comments or timeframes you want to mention?

#5 ·
My renewal last August was mailed in right after I got my renewal notice, and still took 30 days past the expiration, I had to get a letter from them for the time in between expiration and arrival.
Yeah the gal i spoke with mentioned I could request an extension if they didn't get to mine before it expired. See what the next few weeks brings. Thanks for the replies.

#6 ·
What's nice about Florida is, they send you a renewal form w/o asking for it. My last two renewal's came back in roughly 6 weeks. They're good for seven years. New fingerprints done by a cop shop sub-station, photo and a check.

#8 ·
small world. mine is up in oct as well.

anyone know if they mail out the reminders /renewal packets. or if we have to hunt them down?
I live in Jacksonville, fl...they always send the entire packet for your renewal ahead of time..I'd check with the dept of agriculture to see if they still do. Phone call can't hurt. I got my first one in the 80's and have always got the pkt a couple moths before the expiration date.

#9 ·
What's nice about Florida is, they send you a renewal form w/o asking for it. My last two renewal's came back in roughly 6 weeks. They're good for seven years. New fingerprints done by a cop shop sub-station, photo and a check.
Think you might be talking about your CCW license? I was referencing my Curio and Relic FFL. Nice its good for 7 years though...

#12 ·
If it helps, they don't take the money until you are approved.
not true.

my last renewal they cashed the check immediately. then we went round and round. had to re-apply, send in another check, and fill out a form and request a refund of the old one.. and that took about 90 days to get the refund. got the license before the refund.

#13 ·
not true.

my last renewal they cashed the check immediately. then we went round and round. had to re-apply, send in another check, and fill out a form and request a refund of the old one.. and that took about 90 days to get the refund. got the license before the refund.
I have to agree with soundguy, when I last renewed my C&R, the check was cashed almost immediately yet it took several weeks to get the renewal license.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.