Repairing Hard Rubber Grips

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by marcodelat, May 2, 2009.

1. marcodelat

marcodelat New Member

Can anyone recommend a good adhesive (glue) to repair a H&R / Iver Johnson Hard Rubber Grips (stocks) ?

I have a grip with a broken off piece - it's a clean break, fits back together well, and was wondering if anyone here can recommend something that has worked for them in repairing something like this.

Being that it's hard rubber, I am thinking some of the glues out there might just "dissolve" some materials, destroying the grip.

Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Epoxy glue has worked well for me.
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I repaired the left grip of a 1903colt hammerless using super glue. Clean break, the repair is not even visible.
  4. trickyrick

trickyrick Member

for those who have lost the piece or piece is missing i use the epoxy that comes in 2 part, one blue and one yellow, can't remember the type but it dries like a plastic. squeeze them out in equal amounts and add a small amount of lamp black to the mixture.and mix. this has worked great for most my repairs. once dry, remove grip and shape and smooth as needed. not perfect, but you have to look for it to find it. rick
    Last edited: May 3, 2009