REPLACEMENT H&K MODEL 4 BUFFER PLATE

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Charles Christensen, May 28, 2012.

1. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

Apparently there was a problem with H&K model 4 buffers that seem to occur after about forty years of age that I just ran into. It seems that the plastic buffer behind the buffer plate disintegrates over the years causing the gun to jam big time - as in my case. A secondary affliction of this problem is the tendency to lose the now loose buffer plate.

Numrich sells the buffer and the plate but is out of stock on the plate and a little looking around the internet and checking other forums indicates a possible problem finding those plates. Luckily, I did not lose my plate and have taken as careful a set of measurements as I could and made an ACAD R14 .dwg drawing of it. It is a very small and simple piece and I think anyone with reasonable mechanical skills and tooling could make one.

If anyone here knows where these plates can be bought it would be nice if you posted that info. Otherwise, anyone that wants a copy of my drawing just send me a message with e-mail address.
  2. K75RT

K75RT Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  3. 6x6pinz

6x6pinz New Member

I picked my H&K buffers from Blackjack buffers.