Replacement trigger for Remington 700

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by shortmag, Feb 2, 2011.

1. shortmag

shortmag New Member

I recently picked up a Remington 700 SPS. I have owned a number of 700s over the years and usually have been quite pleased with their performance. This rifle however is my first one with the X-Mark Pro trigger where you have to remove it from the stock to get at the only adjustment screw (not the newer model that has the adjustment up through the trigger it self). I have found this trigger to be over 5 pounds and not very smooth. Reading other posts indicate that adjustment is very limited and that a new trigger may be the best solution. My question is - does anyone make a good trigger that locks the bolt handle down when on safe like the older models had? I really do not like finding the bolt handle partially lifted while out hunting, and find myself constantly checking to make sure it is down.
  2. WBY300Mag

WBY300Mag New Member

Timney makes an excellent drop in trigger for the 700.
    I just put one on my Weatherby Vanguard and it made a world of difference. Took out all the movement in the trigger and gives a fantastic, crisp break at just around 3lbs.
    The only thing I can't say for sure is if the trigger for the 700 would be bolt locked or unlocked. The one for my weatherby is a 3 position, but I'm just not sure about the 700.