Replacing front sight on Remington 550-1

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jdmac, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jdmac

jdmac New Member

I accidently dropped my dad's old rifle on a concrete floor damaging the
    butt-plate and breaking the top off the front sight; what's involved in removing & replacing the front sight?
  2. McFry

McFry New Member

Do you have a replacement front sight?
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. McFry

McFry New Member

You should be able to remove the original with a small punch and a light hammer. The sight slides into a dovetail groove, simply tap it out to one side. But if you dont have a new front sight, I dont know how your gonna fix it..
  4. jdmac

jdmac New Member

Thanks for the info; I do have a replacement sight ordered.
  5. maddrums25

maddrums25 New Member

I have the 550-1 with the solder on type front sight. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You are taking a chance on no one looking at a 5 year old thread, it would be to your advantage to start a new thread if you have a question. With that being said, I will offer this to you,http://gunpartscorp.com/ I have not checked it but whenever I need any kind of gun part, I check this place first.