1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Replacing front sight on Remington 550-1

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by jdmac, Mar 20, 2008.

1. jdmac

jdmac New Member

I accidently dropped my dad's old rifle on a concrete floor damaging the
    butt-plate and breaking the top off the front sight; what's involved in removing & replacing the front sight?
  2. McFry

McFry New Member

Do you have a replacement front sight?
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  3. McFry

McFry New Member

You should be able to remove the original with a small punch and a light hammer. The sight slides into a dovetail groove, simply tap it out to one side. But if you dont have a new front sight, I dont know how your gonna fix it..
  4. jdmac

jdmac New Member

Thanks for the info; I do have a replacement sight ordered.
  5. maddrums25

maddrums25 New Member

I have the 550-1 with the solder on type front sight. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Any suggestions?
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

You are taking a chance on no one looking at a 5 year old thread, it would be to your advantage to start a new thread if you have a question. With that being said, I will offer this to you,http://gunpartscorp.com/ I have not checked it but whenever I need any kind of gun part, I check this place first.