Replica?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by chance4u2nv, Sep 14, 2012.

1. chance4u2nv

chance4u2nv New Member

hi this is me first time on here i hae no idea what im doin jus need some help real quick on if a gun i have is a replica or not can someone please help me asap thanks guys
  2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Chance;

You're going to have to give us a lot more information than that! What is it? Do you have pictures?

Take some good, clear pictures of it, especially all the markings on it. From there, there is certainly someone here who can help you out.

Welcome to TFF!
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

:D Obviously it is a replica of the gun used in the movie The invisible Man:D
  4. Jim K

Jim K New Member

There seems to be a rash of these "I got a thngy that might be a gun or something what is it and how much is it worth" posts.

Is this some kind of scam or is the public getting so dumb that they think we can read minds and see something a thousand miles away?

Jim
  5. ShawnDow

ShawnDow Member

Its Not an airplane! They go woosh! Not bang.
  6. chance4u2nv

chance4u2nv New Member

its a jukar black powder pistol made in spain that i got as a gift from my uncle b4 he passed. it doesnt even have a trigger or a flint lock cap i dont have it anymore so i cant take any pictures my house was being inspected by the city because of my dead beat roomate (thats a whole other story for another day)and the police illegally searched my desk and took it and charged me for no foid but i was doing some research and illinois law says that if its an antique or replica that u dont need a foid to own it as long as it fits the discreption to the state police i hope u can help n thanks
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Jukars are pretty modern i have a couple myself , just cause it looks old style dont mean its a replica , they shoot ok trigger parts wear a bit but they where always a cheap shooter , so its to be expected , i sold a nice one for $90 in .45 cal recent

so yes it would pass as a replica or re-enactment piece , i dunno the laws about re-enactment pieces but was told they are always allowed
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  8. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Chance, go to your local courthouse, get the form for filing a lawsuit. Take it home, fill it out. You are the Plaintiff - the Defendant is the police department who took your antique pistol with no just cause. Make SURE that all spelling is correct. The amount of compensation you are requesting is $10,000 for violation of your rights to be served with a warrant, for illegal search and seizure and for your costs to bring this to court. If you follow this correctly one of 3 things will happen: 1) you will get your pistol back and probably with court costs. 2) the Police department will settle out of court - they may not give you your pistol back, but make them settle for no less than $7500 in that case. 3) You will go to court in 4-6 months or so, present you case and you will win . You may even be awarded more than your lawsuit was for.

After you file the lawsuit, go find a lawyer - a lawyer who deals in lawsuits takes a percentage of the settlement as their fee - usually it's around 30%. Pick yourself a lawyer from the phone book if you have to - just get a lawyer who is local. You do have a case and you will win.

Before you go the long route though of going to court, go down to the local police station and tell them you want your pistol back. If they say no - require that on a piece of paper. Also, call your local newspaper and television stations - tell them what happened. If you get the news out to enough places, you will get help with getting your pistol back for sure.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  9. Jim K

Jim K New Member

All that sounds fine, but the best advice is to hire a gun-friendly attorney. A lawyer will cost a lot more than that gun is worth, but he should help you decide if you have a case. Getting the pistol back is not important; it is not worth much. What you want is to avoid a conviction that would keep you from ever owning a gun again.

If it looks like you have a civil rights case, your attorney may be willing to take it on contingency (he gets a cut if he wins, you owe him nothing if he loses).

As to newspapers and TV, I assume this is in Illinois, where the press is overwhelmingly hostile to guns and gun owners, so a bid for publicity might backfire and make the police and officials determined to impose at least the death penalty if not worse.

Trying to fight this kind of thing alone is not a good idea. Officialdom has all kinds of people, some good, some bad, and some very bad, who will fight you, threaten you, even do you physical harm if you are too much of a nuisance. Get a lawyer.

Jim
  10. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

On second thought, Jim is right. You are in Illinois so get a lawyer - ASAP.
  11. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    The Peoples UN-democtatic Republic of Illinois is 1 step away from being the same as Nazi Germany... :mad:
    It is ran by crooked Democrats and is the only state in America that does not permit concealed carry.

Young man you have my sympathy.:(
  12. chance4u2nv

chance4u2nv New Member

so do you know if i have to have a foid to own this type of gun?and thanksfor all your feedback i relly appreciate it
  13. chance4u2nv

chance4u2nv New Member

so does that mean i dont need a foid u think?
  14. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Well, since you have not been able to provide a picture, or even a good descriptrion, it is pretty difficult to say what you have/had.

First, a Jukar gun is not an antique.

But, AFAIK, Jukar made only muzzle loaders that in a broad sense were "replicas" of muzzle loading antiques. But some were not replicas in detail of any specific antique model, so it depends on the actual wording of the law whether a given gun is a "replica" or not.

Jim