Reply Issue

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by CampingJosh, Feb 25, 2011.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

I'm having something strange happen occasionally when I reply to a thread. I took a screenshot to show it.

TFF Issue.jpg

As you can see on the left, I have replied to the thread. If you click on it, you can see my reply. However, it shows on the right that there are no replies to the thread, and it does not bump the thread up to the top of the list.

It doesn't do this for me every time, just every once in a while. Any ideas? It's not really a big issue, but it's definitely confounding me.

Thanks.
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

I've seen that happen sometimes when I use the QUICK REPLY button, but if you use POST REPLY it will post without any problems.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

I believe its because you computer is looking at your cache and not what has been parsed from the server.
  4. CampingJosh

I don't think that's it. I cleared my browser's cache, and it's still showing the same way.

It was something I posted over 18 hours ago, but it's still showing no replies (on my computer, at least, and I've checked with two different browsers).

Will someone else check it? It's in the ASK THE PROS forum, a thread titled "Remington Navy rimfire conversion" posted by Armybrat. Does the forum index show any replies? When you click on it, can you see my post?
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

Well brother, I'm baffled. Your reply posted, I just read it - but you're right - on the ASK THE PROS page, it still lists 0 responses.

Time to contact admin, methinks...
  6. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

I haven't seen that happen before.

I made a reply, and it bumped the reply count to 2. I then deleted my reply, and the reply count went down to 1, so it's counting your reply now. I don't know why it was ignoring you before.

What browser are you using? Are you using any security software, script blockers, cookie blockers, etc that might be affecting things?
  7. CampingJosh

I am using Google Chrome on Windows Vista. I'm also running Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security. Neither of these has changed (excepting updates) since the beginning of the year, and it only happens maybe one in twenty times.

I don't know what would be causing it.