1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Reply to my letter from Senator Rand Paul

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by sub-moa, Sep 10, 2012.

1. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the right to carry firearms. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

In February 2011, Representative Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) introduced the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 (H.R. 822). This legislation would allow individuals who have an approved concealed firearms permit to continue to carry their firearms across state lines in accordance with the given state's laws regarding the transportation of firearms. On Nov. 16, 2011, H.R. 822 passed the House of Representatives and is awaiting consideration in the Senate.

I believe strongly in protecting the Second Amendment and do not support any proposed gun control law that would limit the right to gun ownership by those who are responsible, law-abiding citizens. At the same time, we must also work to protect states' rights under the Tenth Amendment. Rest assured should this issue come before the Senate, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, MD
    United States Senator
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

We need more like him.
  3. Charles Christensen

Charles Christensen New Member

So, what did he say?
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

man, good to hear; my senator had the most safe and wishy washy answer on the reciprocity act, good response from yours.
  5. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Hope he runs for President