Repro M1 Carbine Paratrooper Stocks

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

RobC in Missouri
    (9/21/01 12:56:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Repro M1 Carbine Paratrooper Stocks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hypothetical question:

Disregarding Sec.922r, which distributor sells the best repro M1A1 paratrooper stock for the carbine? Or are they all really produced by the same company?

Now, regarding 922r, if one were to have one of these stocks, could it be used on a carbine that wasn't equipped with a folder before the ban by pinning and/or welding the stock in place so that it wouldn't fold?

Furthermore, would possession of a standard M1 carbine and an uninstalled M1A1 repro stock constitute an "assault weapon" in the eyes of ATF, much as possession of an AR-15 and an unregistered DIAS or other M16 parts constitutes a machine gun?

Again, hypothetically speaking. I don't own a folder stock or an AR-15...

RobC in Missouri

AntiqueDr
    (9/21/01 3:34:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Repro M1 Carbine Paratrooper Stocks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of course, hypothetically.

(Ahem) May I state for the record that I own no firearms of any kind. I am afraid of firearms. Booga-booga-booga.

Hypothetically.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/21/01 3:41:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Repro M1 Carbine Paratrooper Stocks
    I believe it was Navy Arms I saw selling these. As to the installation - boy, that is a gray area. I bet if you called 10 different BATF offices, you would get 10 different answers.

If tangent slotted pistols like Broomhandles, Hi-Powers, etc. are alright for shoulder stocks, wouldnt M1 carbines made prior to the ban be eligible for folding stocks? Hhhmm.