republican national commitee

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bobitis, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Ever heard of them?
    I got a letter in the mail with a 'census of the republican party' questionaire enclosed.

Not sure what I did to get on their mailing list so I'm skeptical.:confused:
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yeah...they ask a bunch of obvious questions and then begg for money at the end of the questionaire....

mike
    gn
  3. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I have gotten enough of these things to fill a dump truck. After the Republican Party decided to compete with the Dems to see who could grow the government fastest I quit and registered Libertarian then moved so they lost track of me. When the dinosaur McCain selected Palin as his running mate I changed my registration back to Republican. Here it comes. Bushels of solicitations. Almost all go straight into the trash. I have no loyalty to the Republican Party and never will again. I was loyal for 20 years, no more, never again.
  4. oldogy

oldogy New Member

I get them all the time. I answer the questions and write something like 'When the Republican party gets back to being a conservative party I may contribute'
    oldogy
  5. artabr

artabr New Member

I do the same thing.
    I tell them to grow a spine and then we'll talk. :mad:

Art
  6. walien

walien Former Guest

"When the dinosaur McCain selected Palin as his running mate I changed my registration back to Republican."

My head hurts from beating it against my table. He picked the worst choice. Had he picked Romney, with his background in business, the economic problems of the country and the faith that there would be someone decent to step in if McCain died would likely have made for a Republican presidency. Palin could barely get through college and it's not like she got into Yale. Her qualifications were municipal government in a small town and a year as governor.

In terms of the OP, easy answer for this. Don't give out your personal details almost ever. Once you get one a list like that, you're on it. People sell lists with info like that.
  7. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I use a Sharpie and do the same thing. I will now write on their dump the rinos and then we will talk.
  8. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

Politically, McCain is an old white Obama with green teeth the difference being one of degree, not type. His campaign was state of the art.......for 1976. No matter who the veep the ticket was doomed. The economic crash was the one opportunity McCain had to win, to hang it around the Dem's necks like an albatross, announce that Romney would be Treasury Secretary to clean up the mess and Giuliani would be AG to put the crooks in jail. I can figure that out and McCain can't. When the SC Republicans went after Obama for his radical associates McCain enthusiastically went after the.........SC Republicans! Doomed from the start. Palin was exciting and relieved the pall of gloom for me and millions of others. If she couldn't drag McCain's wheezing, staggering butt across the finsih line first, no one could.
  9. topper

topper New Member

Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my mind I have to think that McCain chose Palin as a way out. I know it sounds crazy, but i have a theory that in the final months of the campaign trail, McCain was wearing thin and wanted out, but not to lose face. So, he chooses an unknown and baffled everone with the choice. It worked, he was off the hook and Palin become a household word. I really don't think she will go anywhere now that she abdicated the governor's seat in Alaska, but stranger things have happened.

10. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Well what a surprise, I find myself disagreeing with walien. :D Palin was the ONLY conservative on that ticket. Romney ain't a conservative, neither is McLame, or anyone else but Ron Paul. With McLame, who is nothing more than a RINO, nobody would have made the ticket successful.

You have to go to Yale to be POTUS? Palin's governmental experience was more than Obozo and better than Teddy, who was appointed Secretary of the Navy, then ran for Governor of NY, served one year then ran for president. Palin had, I believe about 10 years in municipal government before running for Governor of Alaska. It was 4 years on the city council & 6 as mayor.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  11. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Thank you TIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! McLame was too worried about being nice. Nice doesn't win anything these days. If he had done what you suggested above, he would at least have had a chance. :mad:
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

We need someone like Palin. Someone who is down to earth and just a normal person. Someone like me and you who is in it just for the people and not for the money or power. I dont know if Palin was or is that person but she would have been looking out for us more so than anyone else. This a$$hole in there now is the least qualified to ever take office and god does it show. To say Pailin wasnt qualified may be true, but I will take her anyday over the sorry crap we have now...
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Look at the presidents over the last 50 years and tell me which ones were geniuses. They were smart, shrewd and able to cut throat without leaving blood. Some like Reagan had great vision and fortitude others were in it to assauge their ego's and in one case to improve their sex life.

I like Sarah and I voted for her not McCain as she is a breath of fresh air. A real person as the president would be refreshing not someone that needs a teleprompter filled with ideas from anti-americans like George Soros.

Mitt Romney is a good man but is not as conservative as he has tried to project. He has done good work where ever he has gone and is professional and able to grasp complex problems. I just don't trust him with my 2nd Amendment rights but I felt the same way about Bush and was wrong.
  14. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Why do ya'll think I never joined any political parties?:confused:
  15. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Not so sure about Romney. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he implement a statewide health reform bill while he was Governor? Last I heard, the costs of that program were already skyrocketing out of control. Wonder why none of the media or even conservative talk show hosts ever talk about that as a good example of why the national health care reform may not be such a great idea (or at least certain major elements of it).
    Romney? A true conservative? I'm not so sure.

As far as Palin, yeah, she was inexperienced, but overall she had more experience than that knucklehead who was elected. The main thing I liked about her was that she espouses true conservative views and values (something greatly lacking in the GOP these days!).