Request info on Springfeild Hawkin 50 cal

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Ken W, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Ken W

Ken W New Member

I've had this rifle for quite some time actually. I'm curious as to who manufactured it and perhaps when. Unfortunately there is no manufacturer stamp, that I can discern, on the rifle. Just that it was made in Spain. Also there's no rate of twist information. I've found ,by google searches, that most of these Hawkins rifles were made in 1:66. How could I discern what mine is?
    Here's a few pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any and all info.
  2. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb New Member

Traditions makes the Springfield Hawkens. It's a 1:48 twist. I think bass pro shop is about the only place you can get the springfield hawkens
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. Ken W

Ken W New Member

Thanks for the info, Johnny.