Request to all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

An issue in another forum made me make this post

but i think its valid anywhere and sadly i think we do need to be reminded
    so i'm posting it here as well

Many ex armed services Including emergency services, Fire/Ambulance/Cops/nurses etc
    have hard times, they act out of character,shrink away from friends and society or other acts that seem strange.
    Its not that hard to reach out to someone and have a chat ,maybe buy them a cup of coffee or invite them to a few hours at the range

We all are vulnerable to the ghosts that haunt us from our past, no one is bulletproof and none is exempt from these troubles, all it needs is the right combination of personal troubles, a harsh word , a mistake of phrase at a bad time even

If you know someone who acts a tad weird, out of character, and you think they could use a hand , do get involved , it dont take much.

If you do have fears for someone speak up, make a call, there are services out there that can help

If you dont who will?

put yourself in these peoples places

would you not wish someone to buy you a coffee if you where down or troubled? chat about day to day stuff for a while, just to feel normal?

a simple chat and expression of human kindness can be a great difference in someones life

theres enough deadheads out there that some may think its not worth getting involved, but when its someone you know, and you know this is not like them, then do get involved

not doing so can be tragic

I have lost more friends from neglect and thier own hands than in combat

I pray to God my thanks for my friends, and i wish He bless's them grandly for the help they have given to me and my brothers in arms

I request you act as my mates here,

those that serve in any capacity do not ask for much, they would not have done what they have if they did,

just show them they are not alone , that they are respected , and if needed that there is help

a simple kindness is a great thing in the eyes of both our mates who are a bit down and also in the eyes of God

I see this place as a community, one of friends and of like minded folks

theres not enough of us left , should we become less? i think the world needs more folks like those here, dont you ?

Thanks for reading

God Bless us all

jack
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

It's really good advice on how to be a good neighbor. Jack, are you sure you're not an American? Sound like a few of my old friends.
  3. artabr

artabr New Member

Amen, Jack!

Great post.
    You never know how something as simple as just a few words can change a life, for the good or bad.
    Going off on a tangent here, but, it's a two sided coin that we need to try to keep heads up, if you get my drift. ;)

I try hard to stay on the positive in my own life and my dealings with others, it just makes life so much easier and if I have a chance to help someone else, I look at it as a plus.

Art
  4. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Truer words were never spoke. Thanks for the reminder, Jack.
  5. Bubblehead

Bubblehead New Member

My wife and I have "adopted" an elderly man and woman (not married or living together) since moving to the mountains. We stop by and visit and have them up for a meal whenever they feel good enough to get out. I cooked a nice pot roast dinner on Wednesday and we took a meal to the gentleman yesterday.

Jack you're so right. With just a little bit of time and effort you really can make a difference.

John