Requesting help to ID shell case

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by PAULLYD, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PAULLYD

PAULLYD New Member

A while back this forum was very helpful with info on my Ivers Johnson .410. I come to you again asking if anyone knows anything about .43 ammunition. While out on a metal detecting adventure I ran accross a casing with FA 43 stamped on it and nothing else. Most of the searching I have done has turned up "Sanish Reformado" or ".43 Egyptian" all obsolete blackpowder references. Can anyone tell me if I am even on the right track persueing these or provide more info for me. Thank You in advance.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Paul, I suspect that what you found was a military case with the "FA" representing the Frankford Arsenal in Philedelphia Pa. and the "43" indicating the date 1943.
  3. Oldeyes

Oldeyes Member

4. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    if you can mic the deminsions and post it on the reloading forum i think you will get an answer.i also think the statements above are correct old semperfi
  5. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

could this be .43 spanish?
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010