1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Requesting help to ID shell case

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by PAULLYD, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PAULLYD

PAULLYD New Member

A while back this forum was very helpful with info on my Ivers Johnson .410. I come to you again asking if anyone knows anything about .43 ammunition. While out on a metal detecting adventure I ran accross a casing with FA 43 stamped on it and nothing else. Most of the searching I have done has turned up "Sanish Reformado" or ".43 Egyptian" all obsolete blackpowder references. Can anyone tell me if I am even on the right track persueing these or provide more info for me. Thank You in advance.
  2. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

Paul, I suspect that what you found was a military case with the "FA" representing the Frankford Arsenal in Philedelphia Pa. and the "43" indicating the date 1943.
  3. Oldeyes

Oldeyes Member

4. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    if you can mic the deminsions and post it on the reloading forum i think you will get an answer.i also think the statements above are correct old semperfi
  5. Little Rooster

Little Rooster New Member

could this be .43 spanish?
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010