Research Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilogulf59, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

A friend of mine is doing a historical presentation on Krav Maga, mainly its development in Hungary and then evolution.

If anyone has any information, websites, PDF documents, et cetera, on Krav Maga, it’s founder Imre ("Imi") Lichtenfeld a.k.a. Imi Sde-Or, the Haganah, the Palmach, or IDF, related to KM training it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. noslolo

noslolo New Member

"The need for the IKMF originally arose in the early 1990's, when the teaching of Krav Maga (KM) was starting to spread beyond the borders of Israel. At that time the initial KM Association was divided and not functioning efficiently due to dissension amongst the higher graded instructors. As a result, Imi (the founder of Krav Maga) asked Eyal Yanilov, his closest assistant, and the chief instructor of the Krav-Maga, to assist him in forming a new international KM federation. The formation of this new organisation was delayed till after the initial Association broke apart in 1995.

With Imi's consent and support, the IKMF was founded in early 1996 by Eyal Yanilov, Gabi Noah, Avi Moyal, Eli Ben-Ami and several other respected instructors. All Expert and Master Diplomas, grades and levels issued by the IKMF, the new and leading organization, were authorized by Imi. The IKMF curriculum was first organized by Eyal, who for 10 years had been the responsible for the modern curriculum of the KM system, as head of the "Professional Committee". Imi approved this new curriculum at the time of formation of the IKMF as well as subsequent changes made in 1997.

From its formation in 1996, the IKMF has grown to be the largest and most professional KM organization in the world. The IKMF now successfully operates in Israel, most EU countries, ex-communist countries (such as Poland, Russia and Hungary), Australia, North America, South-east Asia and the Far-East. Generally in each country with an active IKMF branch, there are local instructors at different grades and levels assisting a director who is responsible for the growth of both the KM system and the local IKMF organization in that country.

The IKMF trains and educates civilian students and instructors (with KM and/or other martial arts background), law-enforcement officers and instructors, military personnel and instructors, as well as security and close protection officers and their instructors. All such individuals are accepted into the ranks of the IKMF.

The IKMF is run by Eyal (chairman and head instructor), Gabi, Avi and Eli as directors. All four have assigned responsibilities including countries, professional and management areas".
    This is a posting from the IKMF. I hadn't heard about it starting in Hungary. Any new information that you have, I would love to hear about. I have not studied in KM, but have a long history in other MA styles and have a deep interest in MA history. Please keep us posted.
  3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Whoops, I just didn't know the location of Bratislava. Please keep me posted.
  4. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Nice, martial arts is my "other passion" coming in right behind firearms. This is some pretty good info.
    Just have to say it: if someone wants to practice martial arts for the SOLE purpose of self defence, KM is right at the top of my list.
    I've been studying martial arts (meaning unarmed or non-firearms weapons) since I was 12.
  5. kilogulf59

kilogulf59 Former Guest

Thanks for the assistance so far folks, its greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any book or manuals in PDF format they like to share on Krav Maga? If so, just email or PM me…

Thanks again