resizing problem..... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by stickflinger, Mar 1, 2010.

1. stickflinger

stickflinger New Member

Last night i was resizing some .223 brass which I have done the same way many times. I got a case stuck due to not enough lube. ( my bad ) I tapped the stuck case out and put the die back together. Now it seems to be undersizing the neck because it will now not go over the case trimmer without forcing. Any help would be appriciated. Thank You

Mark
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Cases are ending up with the mouths too small? Is the stem that has the expander ball adjusted so it can return the neck to the proper size?
  3. NuJudge

NuJudge New Member

My guess is that you left the expander plug in the case you stuck in the die.

Most Full Length or Neck Sizer dies sizes the neck down well smaller than necessary, then drag an Expander (on the decapping stem) back through the neck as the case is withdrawn from the die. If you somehow lose the Expander, your neck ID is going to be a lot small.
  4. muddober

muddober Active Member

Mark: The only thing I can think of is that you did not put the the pilot/plug back on the the primer punch shaft. It expands the inside case neck diameter back to the proper size after the die "over" resizes slightly.

I type so slow two post got ahead of me.

Ron
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. stickflinger

stickflinger New Member

Problem solved..... ends up that when the case got stuck and I got it out the expanderball somehow got shaved down to .219 My local gun store had a replacement @ .223...... works great agian