Restoration of Gun rights

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by HiPowerKid, Jul 20, 2005.

1. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

Does anyone have any knowledge of felons having their 2nd amendment rights restored after a felony conviction? From what little I have read, it doesn't appear possible. I understand that some have had their voting rights restored, but what about gun rights? One case mentioned going to the Supreme Court but that the Supreme Court reversed a lower court decision to restore the gun rights because an application of denial was not filed by ATF, therefore a judge could not review the case. What a country?!
    Appreciate any info. BTW, this is for an individual convicted of failing to file an income tax form as a bookmaker, not for a violent crime.
  2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

From the ATF's FAQ page:

Not much hope there, I'm afraid.
  3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

Ayup. This is the anti-gunners' answer to relief: Use the pocketbook to thwart a law they can't defeat in an honest battle.
  4. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

Question has been answered. Thanks for the replies. No further replies needed.