Restoration of Gun rights

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by HiPowerKid, Jul 20, 2005.

1. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NW FL
    Does anyone have any knowledge of felons having their 2nd amendment rights restored after a felony conviction? From what little I have read, it doesn't appear possible. I understand that some have had their voting rights restored, but what about gun rights? One case mentioned going to the Supreme Court but that the Supreme Court reversed a lower court decision to restore the gun rights because an application of denial was not filed by ATF, therefore a judge could not review the case. What a country?!
    Appreciate any info. BTW, this is for an individual convicted of failing to file an income tax form as a bookmaker, not for a violent crime.

2. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Texas
    From the ATF's FAQ page:

Not much hope there, I'm afraid.

3. JohnK3

JohnK3 New Member

May 5, 2003
    Ayup. This is the anti-gunners' answer to relief: Use the pocketbook to thwart a law they can't defeat in an honest battle.

4. HiPowerKid

HiPowerKid New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    NW FL
    Question has been answered. Thanks for the replies. No further replies needed.