1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Retail value of Western Field 12-gauge

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wilytdbear, Nov 17, 2008.

1. wilytdbear

wilytdbear New Member

Hey, Folks-
    I have a Western Field 12 -gauge shotgun (chambered for 2 3/4" & 3" shells) with a 26" C-Leet Choke attached. The number on the bottom of the stock (below WF ID) is: M550AB. Another number on the side of the case is C26658. The gun is in excellent condition with a very nice gun case. A friend is enquiring as to what it's worth with the purpose of purchase.

Can you give me any idea what this weapon is worth?

I would appreciate any input you may have!

Thanks- LS
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The shot gun is listed s Mossberg 500AB, I have no ideal what the suffix AB is for. It's not listed in my reference. However, a Mossberg 500 Regal is listed at 250 in exc down to 75 in poor. As a rule, store brand guns are valued at 15 to 20 per-cent less than if it had the makers name on it.