Retail value of Western Field 12-gauge

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by wilytdbear, Nov 17, 2008.

1. wilytdbear

wilytdbear New Member

Hey, Folks-
    I have a Western Field 12 -gauge shotgun (chambered for 2 3/4" & 3" shells) with a 26" C-Leet Choke attached. The number on the bottom of the stock (below WF ID) is: M550AB. Another number on the side of the case is C26658. The gun is in excellent condition with a very nice gun case. A friend is enquiring as to what it's worth with the purpose of purchase.

Can you give me any idea what this weapon is worth?

I would appreciate any input you may have!

Thanks- LS
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The shot gun is listed s Mossberg 500AB, I have no ideal what the suffix AB is for. It's not listed in my reference. However, a Mossberg 500 Regal is listed at 250 in exc down to 75 in poor. As a rule, store brand guns are valued at 15 to 20 per-cent less than if it had the makers name on it.