Return of the Militias

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 22WRF, Aug 13, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

SPLC Special Report: After virtually disappearing from public view a decade ago, the antigovernment militia movement is surging across the country – fueled by fears of a black president, the changing demographics of the country and fringe conspiracy theories increasingly spread by mainstream figures.

http://www.splcenter.org/index.jsp
  2. kingchip

kingchip New Member

the problem isn't that he's black, it's that he sees RED !!!!
  3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

4. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    I read SPLC report, the first 2/3 in detail and then scanned over the rest. The basic gist is "federal agents good, organized resistance to the Obama administration bad."

It's really little more than a hit piece and has little to no citations for their factual assertions; they do get some of it right but only in part. I certainly agree that there are some radical criminal elements that have attached themselves to the anti-statist movement, and they should be dealt with and prosecuted for any real crimes, but the authors really just gloss over the real issues of contention.

Race may have something to do with it for a small minority, but it is in no way prevalent despite the assertions of the SPLC and other useful idiots of the statist currently in power. They do get one thing right, there is a lot of anger out there, but just don't get why; not that I expected anything less.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I was introduced to Southern Poverty Law Center when we were fighting the "It's a Crime, Bill." The "Poverty" is in their intelligence. They never met a "control the peasants" rule they didn't automatically support.

Pops
  6. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

The militias only show up when Progressive Democrats are in control of the White House and the Congress. Like mushrooms after a rain. Question, when was the last time a State chartered militia attacked anyone?
  7. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The SPLC always screams that everything is because of racism:rolleyes: They are all for more gov't control over the people. SPLC can kiss my Southern a**:mad::mad::mad: I mean really, how many of the people involved with the SOUTHERN Poverty Law Center are actually SOUTHERN? They all sound like New England or California liberals to me:rolleyes: I agree, when WAS the last time one of these "militia" groups attacked in an organized manner? And when was the last time that the federal gov't attacked someone in an organized manner? When was the last time the federal gov't and the puppet "fair and impartial" media attacked and demonized those who disagree? To be perfectly honest, I'd trust most of these "dangerous right-wing extremist militias" more than I'd trust the federal gov't.

Oh dear, I guess I'm on more of the watchlists now:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  8. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

Better said then the rant I had.

[​IMG]
  9. doug66

doug66 New Member

+2 on that
  10. kerk

kerk New Member

I wouldn't worry about it bcj...............I think the 'watchlists' have grown beyond their ability to watch. And I would venture a guess that even those who would be 'watching' are now closing one eye.

It's beginning to look like big brother has run into a bigger brother.
  11. sewerman

sewerman New Member

kool....:cool:....i'm getting some tee shirts made:rolleyes:

sewerman
  12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I went to the sight and have decided I do not like this group of people. They have a hate map showing the number of hate groups in each state. They hate Lou Dobbs. I figure it will only be a matter of time before Lou ends up on Fox News.

I did find out that Ravenswood WV, my home town, has a KKK chapter. Came as a surprise to me. There are only between 3000 and 4000 people at the most in Ravenswood and I didn't think anything went on there without it being known across the whole county. Perhaps I should get out more?

The SPLC can just dig a hole and jump in it. I'll fill it in for them.
  13. Rocket J Squirl

Rocket J Squirl New Member

14. artabr

artabr New Member

What a bunch of hypocrites, you go on their site and one of the first things you see is their magazine called "Teaching Tolerance". What a load of load of crap. Sure they're real "tolerant" as long as you're a leftist. I've been watching these jerks for years.

Art
  15. Danwin22

Danwin22 Member

I don't like Obama and it has nothing to do with his color.

I don't like Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Ted Kennedy or Harry Reid.

You might say I'm an Anti-Liberal type of guy.