Revelation 12ga auto shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gunsmith_in_training, May 15, 2012.

1. gunsmith_in_training

gunsmith_in_training New Member

A buddy of mine brought me a Revelation 12ga automatic shotgun. The only stamps on it are 12 GA 2. 3/4-28" MOD-M2071 and D6400. I believe I found the cross reference Mosseberg 400. I am having a problem getting the operating handle out so I can disassemble the gun and look to see what the problem is with it. Can anyone help me with this problem?
  2. tarheel101

tarheel101 New Member

I found this at the Shotgun World site. I am cutting and pasting the original poster's comment. I hope it helps. Your question is addressed near the end of the post.

"Made in Brescia for sure, but not by Franchi. The gun was made by Masieri / Armi Atis, and imported by Universal Firearms (which was supposedly a division of Iver Johnson at one time). It also seems that at one time, this same gun was imported by Interarms, and sold as an Interarms ATIS shotgun.

The gun should have an 'OMAR' logo on the buttplate, and stamped on the bottom of the receiver near the loading port. As I understand it, OMAR was a trade name of Masieri guns. The Auto-Wing is also similar (though not identical) to the Masieri Blue Mallard, another 12ga autoloader. There are numerous visual similarities including the bolt, bolt handle, bolt release button, forearm, forearm cap, wood finish and barrel - though the receivers are obviously different.

Here are some other markings found on the barrel (these are just working assumptions, will correct as able):

"12 GA. 2. 3/4-28" MOD-M.2071" (12 ga, 2-3/4 chamber, 28" barrel, modified choke -or- model M.2071?)
    "0 1278" - (no idea, maybe a serial?)
    "KG 1000" - (proof load, in Kg/cm^2 (14,223 psi))
    A single 5-point star - (Full choke?)
    "XXVI" - (26 in roman numerals, no idea)
    "CAM 70" - (70mm shell length (2-3/4")?)
    "18.3" - (18.3mm = .720" = Imp Cyl choke??)
    Five-point star in a circle + FINITO (Finished, a proof mark?)
    Five-point star in a circle + PSF (no idea)
    Two other crest-like marks (inspection, proof house?)

I need to mic out the bore, the choking seems to be a mystery.

If you need to strip the gun, there is one important difference from the Franchi. Once the gun is stripped of trigger group, barrel etc.. to remove the bolt handle (and hence the bolt) there is one additional operation required. You will see a narrow, flat blued metal piece with a friction-grip surface on the bottom of the bolt. There is a pin visible near one end of the part.

The pin (spring-loaded) must be depressed, and the metal piece slid forward and out of the bolt (it sits in a long dovetail groove). Once this piece is removed, then the bolt handle comes free, to slide to the rear - and the bolt slides forward, out of the gun. Now, the bolt handle assembly can be removed through the ejection port.

Ponderosa Parts dot com lists a few items for the gun, but no firing pins (there is a complete bolt listed, though).. "

Tarheel
  3. gunsmith_in_training

gunsmith_in_training New Member

Thanks that did the trick! Thanks so much.