1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Revelation 16 ga bolt action model R316BB

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Oldtown2, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Oldtown2

Oldtown2 New Member

My brother just gave me this gun he has not fired in 35 years with the warning
    It went off when he chambered another round when i got homw I checked it out and found out the safety is no working , the gun is still like new so I would
    like to get it in working order does anyone have a bolt to sell or is this an easy fix for a good gunsmith???? Thanks in advance BMCM (USN RET)
  2. Oldtown2

Oldtown2 New Member

3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

The Revelation 316 BB ( sold by Western Auto ) was made by Mossberg, it is one of a multitude of bolt action shotguns made over the years by that firm. It really sounds as if it only needs a good break down and cleaning. If you do not fell comfortable in doing this then take it to a gun smith. for 30 to 50 dollars he will do a professional job. Even if it requires a new bolt ( which I doubt ) it would have to be fitted by a gunsmith to insure proper head space is obtained. This is a good solid working shotgun but be advised the value is not that high, retail is only around 90 to 125 dollars.
  4. Oldtown2

Oldtown2 New Member

Thanks , RJ I put it in the gun smiths today , he thinks it may be a broken screw, but will know once he opens up the bolt.
    I know the $$$ value is low but its an old family gun and the wood and bluing
    is like new it has been in a gun safe for over 25 years or so.
    Picked up a big boy Henry while I was there in 357/38.
    thanks for the post .... Bud