revelation shotgun

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Alabama_Adam, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Alabama_Adam

Alabama_Adam New Member

I have an old revelation shotgun that my dad bought at Western Auto back in the late 60's or early 70's. Its a 12 ga. pump gun with a 30" full choke barrel. It looks like a mossberg knockoff but I was just curious as to who made it. Gun still shoots and looks great. No telling how many turkeys and ducks it has killed.
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

If it looks like a "Mossberg knockoff".....it was most likely made by Mossberg. They made several shotguns for Western Auto.

If you give us the Revelation Model number, I can tell you for sure.....or you can check it out for yourself here: http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp
  3. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Sounds like my Revalation 310A. It's the same as the Mossberg 500A. I love that thing. Killed many critters. Had the bolt slide break on me a couple years ago, but ordered a new one and it's back up and running like new.
  4. Alabama_Adam

Alabama_Adam New Member

I got the model number off of the gun and it is R310AB, the closest thing I found on that website was a Mossberg 500AB. Is this right? and if so will mossbeg replacement barrels fit on my revelation?
  5. superprobie

superprobie New Member

I have a 20 ga. revelation shotgun that I have had for years. Does anybody know where I could get some parts for it. I have looked for two years at gun shows and swap meets to try and find a stock for it. I cracked it turkey hunting. For about 6 years I have used this gun for everything. I have shot deer squirrel cyotes turkeys rabbits and just about any varmit. I hate to just let it sit since it is such a good gun. So anybody that can help please let me know. Thanks.
  6. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Can't help with out a Model number. With a Model number it may be possible to cross reference it to the actual maker. Odds are it is a Mossberg, but Western Auto also sold a lot of Marlins, Stevens and Savage.
  7. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Try looking up the model on Numrich gun parts(egunparts.com?) and you may be able to find something. If you know somebody good with wood, they could probably make you a good stock if you buy a blank or find some good wood to make it out of.
  8. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

To littlebit, my answer was to superproble, he stated he had a Revelation shotgun, of which there were dozens of different models and makers. He gave no other information.
  9. flipper

flipper New Member

I have the entire gun and it shoots fantastic. Mine is the model #350-series M. I have the gun for sale for 250.00 but the barrel is pitting. Still shoots like a rifle. Any help to you? sincerly, flipper
  10. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    A_A, yes your shottie is a Mossberg 500AB. Revelation was the store-brand name for firearms sold by Western Auto stores in the '60's and '70's. Any Mossy 500AB parts should fit your Revelation R310AB with no problems.
  11. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

This post makes me wonder then, I have a revalation 99a 9 shot revolver in 22 l and lr. I didnt know about the shotguns. I kinda want one and what other firearms were sold stamped western auto. I even got the box to go w/ mine and al the paperwork. So what other firearms were sold at Western Auto?
  12. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
  13. clint snider

clint snider New Member

I have just come into possition of a J Stevens 12g double bar double hammer that needs a stock. This has been in my family for a long time and would like to get a stock for it and make it a mantal gun. Any help would be great
  14. Trigger Dog

Trigger Dog New Member

I have a 16 guage bolt action revelation shotgun made by Western Supply Co. Does anyone have any information with a model no. R3136BKB? Or where i can get parts?
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  15. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

made by Mossberg