Revisions In Fla. Laws ....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, Sep 1, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

John, I wish you'd share your thoughts on some of these. I'm getting to know a bit about you from the articles you post (more from the sites the articles are on really), but I wish you'd chime in more for the discussions.
  3. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

>St. Petersburg Police Chief Chuck Harmon said going after individuals in such cases seems extreme.

"I think they went overboard. I understand if they want to regulate state gun laws as the Legislature has the authority to do. But what happens to an officer who may misapply an ordinance? That seems like an awful lot of penalties for something that may be unintentional," Harmon told the Times.<

Ahhhh. Poor poor St. Pete cops. What they were doing has only been illegal since 1985. They did it anyhow, and now they might get their hands slapped. My heart flippin' bleeds for 'em.

If the town of Two Egg was to pass a law saying you could not carry a gun in the town limits, then yes, fine the Mayor and the City Commission - every last member - a hundred grand each. And if the cop (and I'm sure there's only one - Two Egg ain't that big a town) was to arrest me for carrying a gun in town, then slap him with a 5000 dollar fine. Why? Because it's illegal. Because when he arrested me HE broke the law. The law that's been in effect for 36 years.
  4. treefarmer

treefarmer New Member

The beauty of this is we are not violating the law when we drive from one county to the next or one town to the next which might have a different law on the books than the area of Florida we live in. Thanks Governor Scott for signing several pro gun bills this session!
  5. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Frankly, I think I really like this approach. Too bad a similar approach couldn't be taken by the Federal Govt, in light of Heller, et al, in, say, Illinois, or in DC, etc. (Yes, I know its "apples and oranges" and its state soverenty vs. in-state local municipalities, but......I'm sure you see my point.)