reviving an old friends .22 & memories

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by DrBob762, Jul 20, 2012.

1. DrBob762

DrBob762 New Member

An old friend(elementry school,high school, runnin bud,Best man,huntin partner, ect...)of mines house was robbed a number of years ago, and all of his guns stolen,along with many of his departed wifes personal things. As GOD would will it I came across his first rifle three weeks ago wile tearing out a wall in the old house for the latest owner. Apperantly it had fallen into the wall(loose paneling) at the back of the closet and been mised by the theving SOBs, and remained there untill I found it and was allowed to take it with me after relating this account to the new owner.Its a Stevens model 89 single shot .22. It needs a good cleaning and re-bluing/browning. the trigger is broken(looks like it split across the pivot pin hole) Can anyone help me in finding one or a good print with dimensions or even a sharp outline(trace) drawing of one to reproduce it. I started working in a machine shop at 15 and consider myself a reasonably good backyard fabricator/mechanic/machinist(all respict to actual machinist) and feel that I can make one if thats the only way to fix his rifle. Id really like to see his eyes bug out when I give it back to him(been about 14 years) in working condition. Any outher parts for this rifle would be appricated also,rear sight ramp,front sight ect. but these can be fabed up if none are available. Any and all help GREATLY appricated. Thanks in advance of any developments. DrBob762
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  3. DrBob762

DrBob762 New Member

OUTSTANDING! Found everything needed to put it all back as i wanted to for him at one location, and no fabin up parts. I think ill box it up and give it to him at Christmass. Thanks LOADS for bouth of us. DrBob
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Great to hear DrBob762 and welcome to The Firearms Forum!!!