Revolver Dan Wesson model 15-2 VH cal 357 Mag

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Luis Fernando, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando New Member

Hi ...

Revolver Dan Wesson model 15- 2 VH cal 357 Mag

Dan Wesson 357 Magnum revolver with 6 inch heavy barrel with vent rib, a 12

inch extra barrel .

What is this gun worth ?

Thanks for your help .

Luis Fernando

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Are you looking to sell it?
  3. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando New Member

Do you live in Canada ?

LF
  4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

What it is worth here in the USA can be determined by visiting several Internet gun auctions and observing what they are actually selling for.

What it is worth in Canada will likely be quite different, because of Canadian and US laws that make it difficult for you to sell it here, or Canadian laws relative to selling it there.
  5. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando New Member

Hammerslagger

I am aware of all the statement.

I just answer to hstout1143 .

LF
  6. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    As to value, you have the 2 barrels that are most desiable for hunters and leats desirable to chooters/fro carry. As it is with all you have that is worth around $800 if some one who wants it to hunt with is looking for one (and they usually are as to a nice Dan Wesson whoich that is a nice one). Now it could go as much as $1000 but $800 for teh set os a good average. IF you were to buy the , 4" and 2/5" barrels an dschrouds for it in as good a condition as your ciurrent ones are, you would have an easy $2000 set there woith the additional 2 barrels. The best indicater is check out teh past and present auctions at brandx
    and you will get a good average as to value. Now with that said, you are in Canada and I am not all that up on the laws to get it imported to the US. i would expect though you would have agood chance of selling it in Canada and would most likely get a good bit more for it there.

Hope this info helps. I have a DW model 15 with the 6" and 4" barrels. I love the way they shoot. Very reliable and accurate. Also there is a company EWK Arms that sells DW barrels, schroudes, and other parts/accessories.
    http://www.ewkarms.com/zencart/
  7. gandog56

gandog56 Member

By the entire set he means this.
    [​IMG]

I mean I've seen just the case go for more than $100 US. The 10 inch barrel is not included in the kit, and is quite rare. The kits came with a 2.5", 4", 6", and 8" barrels. They made 10", 12" and 15" barrels, but you had to buy them separately, and I bet they cost a whole lot now. I can't even find any of the barrels not in the kit on sale on the Internet right now.
  8. gandog56

gandog56 Member

By the way, you want to sell that 12" barrel and shroud and nut separate, PM me