The Firearms Forum banner

Revolver Smith & Wesson ..original or copy ?

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Luis Fernando 
#1 ·
Hi to All

Please help me ....

Is this revolver an original Smith & Wesson ?

Thanks for your help .

LF .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Fake.

Smith and Wesson caliber markings are - *caliber*. Whatever the caliber is, it's between two asterisks. The caliber marking on their 32 I-frames is *32 Long CTG*, not Caliber 32 Long. The right side of the barrel should say Smith & Wesson. There is nothing on that gun.

Almost all the I-frame 32s had round butts, and even if that was one of the rare square-butt one, the grip-shape looks wrong.

Looking at the pix again, blown up, I see that it's a 5-screw. All the 5-screws 32s were round butt. The few square ones were 4-screw.

Serial number?

#4 ·
Glad to help, Luis.

How are they selling that thing in Mexico? I thought owning pistols was illegal?

Google translate is not the BEST translator in the world, but it let me figure out the gist of that webpage.

#9 ·
I believe 22WRF is incorrect. S&W marked their 32/20s are "32 Winchester", "32/20" and "32/20 Winchester". "32 Long always referred to 32 S&W Long.

I have never seen a S&W that said "Cal". They just list the caliber. Saying "caliber" on the gun is almost a giveaway for an Eibar copy.

Thank you for that link. I have a few questions, though. "Google Translate" NOT being the best translation program in the world. :p

Article 10, paragraph 1. You are allowed revolvers, pistols and rifle of 22 caliber "circle fire". "Circle fire"? Although, as I'm typing this, it occurs to me that the edge of a circle is the rim, so maybe that's "rim fire"?

Paragraph 4 translated as: Shotguns 3 guns in calibers authorized in the preceding section, with a cannon for different caliber metal cartridges. That would be a total of three guns, no larger than 12 gauge. The "cannon for different caliber" - sub-caliber adapters? Like this? http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm

Paragraph 5. High powered rifles are legal, but not 30 caliber, so the good old 30/30 ain't legal there no more?

Then jumping down to Article 50 - the amount of ammo allowed.

500 22 rimfires?

Paragraph B has me puzzled. >Up to 1,000 shotgun cartridges or other ammunition to be loaded with new or recharged, even of different calibres.< 1000 total shotshells AND empty hulls, no matter WHAT gauge - 12, 16, 20, 410 - total of 1000? The use of "caliber" when speaking of shotgun is probably what's throwing me.

Paragraph D - 200 maximum round count for ALL other guns? You got your 257 Roberts hunting rifle and your 32 Colt automatic and your 38 Special revolver, and the total for ALL of them cannot exceed 200 rounds?

#11 · (Edited)
I believe 22WRF is incorrect. S&W marked their 32/20s are "32 Winchester", "32/20" and "32/20 Winchester". "32 Long always referred to 32 S&W Long.

I have never seen a S&W that said "Cal". They just list the caliber. Saying "caliber" on the gun is almost a giveaway for an Eibar copy.

Thank you for that link. I have a few questions, though. "Google Translate" NOT being the best translation program in the world. :p
Mr Alpo

I also agree, 22WRF's opinion are incorrect .

About Google you are right ....

It is time to learn a new language...:D (third or fourth ..if is the case)

thanks ,for your help .....

LF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.