1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

RFI: Tressitu TZ99 Pistol

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/28/02 5:25:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All RFI: Tressitu TZ99 Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seeking information and opinions on the Tressitu TZ99 9mm pistol. This is a SIG-like 9mm pistol, originally developed in Yugoslavia as the CZ99. The manufacturer eventually struck a deal with the South African firm of Tressitu, who began producing the TZ99. It resembles a SIG P226, but enlarged perhaps 10%, and it has ambi controls (which appeals to me as a lefty). Tressitu folded after a limited run of these, so there's not too many of them out there.

I do have the opportunity of acquiring one of these, as new in box, with two hi-cap mags and possible more mags on the way. Now, I'm a Hi-Power kind of guy, and these do have somewhat of a Hi-Power feel in the grip. I was just wondering if anyone else here had any experience with them and would like to share their thoughts.

Thanks much!

RobC in Missouri

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/28/02 6:01:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: RFI: Tressitu TZ99 Pistol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 99 is a good quality pistol and worth it`s price. The grip is different than the HP, but still nice. It is not quite as natural a pointer as the 11 or HP, but is right up there. I have never like ambi anything in a carry gun, though.....but thats just my feel. LTS

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/29/02 12:10:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: RFI: Tressitu TZ99 Pistol
    When Zastava was making the guns in Yugoslavia, they were being imported and distributed here at a very attractive price - however, Zastava's quality control was somewhat spotty at the time.

Perhaps the South Africans will do better - but some of us still remember the Rogak.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

RobC in Missouri
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/7/02 2:20:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: RFI: Tressitu TZ99 Pistol - Got It, and no NICS delay
    I ended up getting it in last week - I gotta say, this thing is nice! Haven't had a chance to get to the range, but will be soon.

And, to top it off, got an instant "Approved" on NICS - first time after nearly a year of delays. Wonder what happened to clear me so quickly!

RobC in Missouri