Rhino Bottom Barrel

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Kestral, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Kestral

Kestral Member

Just received a catalog from Chiappa ( Italy )showing they are still retailing the 38/357 2" to 6" bottom barrel revolver.I hope to order one, the 4" if I can get around the freight problems we now have..
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

I've seen/read about them and while I think they're ugly as sin, I'd still love to get my hands on one to shoot. Function and purpose comes before eye appeal in the case of a firearm, I'd like to see for myself how much of a difference the offset barrel makes.. I haven't seen one in any of the LGS's yet, but I'm sure it won't be long.
  3. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Member

I've only held one. Never shot one. It's a butt ugly gun, but it does feel very comfortable in the hand. The price tag was over $700. Kind of steep.
  4. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

I think they are "neat" looking - nice concept - kind of a simplified MATEBA???
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

They had a good write up in the American Rifleman this month. I agree that is it a very ugly gun, but I too would would like to fire one.
  6. AmmoForSale.com

AmmoForSale.com New Member

I got to handle one at a local shop but it was just purchased before I walked in. The new owner was nice enough to let me check it out. There was a bit of a line to get some hands on.

It is ugly as sin but I like to support advancements. I own a Bullmastiff so ugly is good for me.

45Auto Active Member

It looks alot like the discontinued Mateba Model 6 Unica (also Italian). For this reason, I would be concerned that, like the makers of the Mateba, the manufacturer of this revolver will not stand behind their warrantly.
  8. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

IMO, the 2" is fugly but the 6". I don't know what's wrong with me, but I could own the 6" stainless:

.357 Magnum Chiappa Rhino 60DS 6 inch Barrel.jpg