1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Richardson Industries Slam Fire Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by 1sgret, Dec 11, 2009.

1. 1sgret

1sgret New Member

My buddy has a single shot, slam fire 12 ga shotgun given to him by his grandfather. It is marked RICHARDSON INDUSTRIES, NEW HAVEN CT. It is old (maybe 1940's). It is blued and has light wood. It has a vertical foregrip under the barrel. The trigger is used to release the barrel to insert a shell. To fire you pull the trigger (which releases the barrel), pull the barrel forward & slam it back.

Thanks for any info.

Attached Files:

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

A copy of a Philippine WW II Guerrilla gun. The originals were nothing more than a piece of shaped board and water pipe. Very simple and very deadly at close range. Just one of the many improvised weapons used by the Philippine guerrillas against the Japanese during WWII. Richardson Industries was started after the war by ex Navy Lt. Richardson, who fought with the Guerrillas. Simple and cheap it was meant to be a self defence gun however it did not sell well and the company folded after a short time. Surprisingly these bring a nice price , the one shown would bring between 650 to 750. They are rather scarce and unique. I've only seen one and that was at a gun show many years ago, when I first picked it up I thought it was a home made "Zip" gun. The dealer only wanted 20 dollars for it and not knowing what it was, it seemed over priced so I passed.:)
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  3. 45autos

45autos New Member

If you are still around? can you provide any more info. Are there originals and if so how are they marked? You state the picture is a copy.
    Thanks
    45 autos