1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Rick Perry Won't Implement Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Jul 9, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/07/rick-perry-wont-implement-obamacare-in-tx/

Former GOP presidential candidate and Texas Governor Rick Perry announced Monday that Texas will not expand medicaid or establish a health insurance exchange. These are two major tenets of the federal health law known as Obamacare. So in other words, Texas will not be implementing Obamacare in its entirety.

Governor Perry echoed his statement on Monday evening in a letter to U. S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. The letter reads,

I stand proudly with the growing chorus of governors who reject the PPACA power grab. Thank God and our nation’s founders that we have the right to do so.

Neither a”state” exchange nor the expansion of Medicaid under the Orwellian-named PPACA would result in better “patient protection” or in more “affordable çare.” What they would do is make Texas a mere appendage of the federal government when it comes to health care.

In Perry’s announcement on Monday he continued the thought of the letter

“If anyone was in doubt, we in Texas have no intention to implement so-called state exchanges or to expand Medicaid under Obamacare. I will not be party to socializing healthcare and bankrupting my state in direct contradiction to our Constitution and our founding principles of limited government.”

The Texas Tribune reported on how the announcement went over.

The Texas Democratic Party fired back quickly after Perry’s announcement, calling it “both cruel and negligent.”

“No person with a speck of intelligence would turn down billions in federal dollars that would be a boon to our economy and help Texans,” spokeswoman Rebecca Acuña said in a statement. “…Rick Perry’s Texas solution is to let Texans stay ill and uninsured. That is not a health care plan.”

Perry’s Monday announcement follows word last week from the Health and Human Services Commission that the decision on expanding Medicaid would be left to lawmakers in the 2013 Legislature, which begins in January. The Medicaid expansion, which would cost the already strapped state budget about $6 billion between 2014 and 2019, isn’t supposed to start until 2014.

What these liberals do not understand is that beginning in 2013 the Medicaid expansion alone would cost Texas $6 billion between 2014 and 2019. Texas is already on a very tight budget. they don’t need $6 billion more thrown in the works over five years.

The letter by Governor Perry ended in a few lines that sounds just like part of the Texas tradition:

I look forward to implementing health care solutions that are right for the people of Texas. I urge you to support me in that effort. In the meantime, the PPACA’s (Obamacare) unsound encroachments will find no foothold here.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. 22to12gauge

22to12gauge Former Guest

That's great.

But I can't get over the fact that Perry signed an executive order forcing young Texas girls to get the Gardisil vaccine.. talk about unsound encroachment, Governor Perry.