Rick Perry's "Golf" ......

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by JohnHenry, Sep 28, 2011.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I can't, 'cause I need glasses to see, but if I could see without 'em, yeah, I'd shoot without eye protection. I'd skateboard without a helmet and pads, if I could skateboard. I ride a bicycle without a helmet.

Yes, if a cartridge decides to let go I'm liable to get a face full of gas and brass, and will really wish I was wearing safety glasses. But if a car hits me when I'm riding my bike I'll wish I was wearing elbow pads, knee pads, padded gloves and a helmet.

Safety gear is great, but I think the need for it has been overblown. People shot without safety glasses for years and years (and years and years and years and years), and relatively few of them were injured in gun accidents.
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I do it all the time! However, if I was in the public eye, and was releasing a video of my favorite past time, I would be wearing safety glasses,as well as hearing protection. Back when I started shooting no body wore safety glasses, or used hearing portection. I still don't include either when I step out the front door to shoot. If I hear a ringing in my ears, after the first shot, or so, I then remember to go back and get the muffs.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  4. Airdale

Airdale Member

It's a ad so yes it's "staged". Perry is known to be an avid shooter and carries so I
    think it's an honest ad. Would I shoot a scoped rifle without eye protection? Sorry to report I've done it many times. How many hunters use safety glasses in the field?
  5. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Sorry, but his 'golf' ain't gonna make up for his sucking up to illegals and Islamists.:mad:

He can twist his words, and the MSM can interpret them the way they want. That's two strikes in my opinion.

I like the fact that he owns firearms. So what?:rolleyes: