Rifle easier to find than .357

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Kristie, Nov 15, 2012.

1. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

2. Kristie

Kristie Member

Oh goodness, there's always more accessorize with, isn't there? I seriously might go with the fiber optic sight, though. Thanks!
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

Kristie, Kristie, Kristie......Darling.....
    You seriously didn't think us men would allow
    you ladies to be the only ones to accessorize.........

We just never speak about it.....:):)
    [and less chance of being caught !]
  4. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Well just to be clear, there is nothing negative intended in my comments, just stating that in a short amount of time, you made a couple of good choices, and you listened to folks with a lot of experience(not necessarily me, I've been shooting for more than 40 yrs), but realize I'm just a novice at best compared to some of the knowledge folks here have, Ruger makes an extremely stout/robustly framed handgun, the SP is the replacement for the Security/Speed/Service 6, which is know as a well built handgun, the SP is supposed to be even more stoutly built, and will stand up to constant, repeated punishment of the .357 without a wimper or wearing anything out, and if you are primarily going to be shooting .38's, then even less chance of wearing it out,

IIRC, the SP is built on the same thickness of frame as the heavier calibre handguns like the .44mag, so I think a lifetime(or 2) of trouble free service can easily be expected, and I agree about the grips, maybe not the most asttractive, but look like they will add to general control, accuracy and pleasure of shooting that handgun, generally function breeds form, but maybe not in this case :D

BUT, I think function/control needs should override looks in this case, after you become comfortable with the hand gun, a grip change is always an option, but everything I've read/heard, you will probably stick with the grippy Hogue's that it comes with,
  5. Kristie

Kristie Member

Well guys, I went and picked up the GP a couple of days ago and got to try it out yesterday. I have definitely warmed to the hogue grips. They give the gun a nice feel, and very secure. Very nice piece, this gun. Put an entire box of .38s through it, and a few others I had lying around. Haven't got a great handle on what the secret is to aiming this one, but I can hit more with it than my .22 Single Six, so far. Seems to need to be aimed very low and to the right, for some reason. Rifles are so much easier! But anyway, just needs more practice, I know. Recoil isn't bad at all. The gun is nice and heavy, with nice balance. Started feeling a little heavy toward the end of the box, but not overly bad. I really like it. I think it was a good choice. I should be able to get some pics up in a bit.
  6. Kristie

Kristie Member

Here we go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Cool guns. We told you the recoil was light in 38.