Rifle give away but must answer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjmitchell60, Jan 20, 2005.

1. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Rifle give away but must answer... final list of entries:

TFF
    Marlin: 4
    Craig: 2
    gbeggrow: 1
    Henry0Reilly: 2
    ruger270man: 2
    Southernmoss: 4
    dongizmo: 4
    ibffsteve:3
    Richbug: 4
    22WRF: 4
    Powdersmoke: 3
    Gunfyter: 1
    1952Sniper: 2
    TRAP55: 4
    IShootback: 1
    HerbyJr: 4
    rosierita: 3
    bsally:1
    Woodman: 4
    Matt45: 4
    Ryan marine: 4
    William Patrick Lawrence : 4
    pickenup: 3
    rugerniner: 3
    358Winchester: 2
    Crpdeth: 2
    GHD: 3

Here is the deal, I am going to give away a Carl Gustf Stads 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser with in part to celebrate my birthday on Jan. 26. and just because I want to!
    Now I am going to ask you 3 questions and for each of the first 2 you get right, you get one chance. If you get the third one right I will add 2 more chances. So you can have a total of 4 chances to win this rifle. I want you to e-mail me the answers through TFF and I will reply as to what you have right. The only rule I will make is this, prior to Jan. 18, you must have made some posts THAT were not just to be added to give away posts. In other words if entering give aways is all you post on, no dice. Hey my give away, my rules. Also you are the one responcible to KNOW if the rifle is legal in your state and if you can legally own a gun. I will not put the gun in your girl friends name or what ever, it must be yours. You will have to find a FFL dealer in your state willing to handle your end as well. OK, ready for the questions?
    1. Who was the first president to be arrested for speeding, fined, and had to walk back to the white house?
    2.Who was the first woman to interview a U.S.President as well as who was the president.
    3.On the day I was born, Jan. 26, 1960 my father was doing something to tobacco seed beds to keep weeds from growing in the sed bed, what was he doing? Now this one question can be found if you look into the history of White Burley tobacco and how it was grown in the past. This is a tough one unles you know someone who has or have grown tobacco your self.

There has been some confusion from another forum I am a member of so to clarify it I am giving away 3 rifles, one on each of 3 forums! If you belong to 1, 2 or all 3 forums you can enter in all the forums you are a member of but each forum has different questions for 1 & 2. Hope this helps. In theory if you belong to all 3 forums you could win all 3! I will know by the answers what forum but please tell me anyway.

Any questions, ask away. Remember question one is worth 1 chance, question 2 is worth 1 chance, and question 3 is worth 2 chances so a total of 4 chances can be had.

Here is my e-mail address so send the answer to it because TFF will not allow you to send directly to me through it. Here it is:
    jjmitchell60@msn.com

I forgot to add that I will draw on Friday Jan. 28, late that night. I will post the winner the next day.

So far here is the list and chances:
    Marlin: 4
    Craig: 2
    gbeggrow: 1
    Henry0Reilly: 2
    ruger270man: 2
    Southernmoss: 4
    dongizmo: 4
    ibffsteve:3
    Richbug: 4
    22WRF: 4
    Powdersmoke: 3
    Dongizmo: 4
    Gunfyter: 1
    1952Sniper: 2
    TRAP55: 4
    IShootback: 1
    HerbyJr: 2
    rosierita: 3
    bsally:1
    Woodman: 3
    Matt45: 4
    ryan marine: 4
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  2. gbeggrow

gbeggrow New Member

jj,

Your profile would not allow me to send an email to you. I sent you a PM instead (private message). Happy Birthday and thanks for the give away and the opportunity.

gbeggrow
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Couldn't send an e-mail through our system so I sent you one directly, along with a PM for extra insurance.

This is a very nice gesture. BTW, my sister has a birthday on the same day you are planning to draw.....

:) :)
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Let the research begin!! :D
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

6. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Give me 2 chances on this one.....

Email sent. Still don't have the answer to the tobacco question, but I'm looking.
  7. dongizmo

dongizmo New Member

E-mail Sent! :D
    Don
  8. ibffsteve

ibffsteve New Member

Email sent

Thanks JJ
  9. richbug

richbug New Member

I sent the answers for 1 and 3 to your e-mail, still looking for 2.

Thanks,

rich
  10. groundhogdevastation

groundhogdevastation New Member

jj, I sent you a PM on this forum with the answer to #3!!! Let me know if you get it!! Thanks! GHD
  11. muley

muley New Member

I won't enter. I have enough rifles to last me the rest of my old miserable life. :) :) I just wanted to say that you are very generous and this is a nice thing to do and it's great. :p :) :) Also.........HAPPY BIRTHDAY and MANY MORE !!
    muley
  12. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!! I THINK I FINALLY GOT A QUESTION RIGHT!!!

JJ, Even if my answer is wrong, don't tell me. Just let me think I'm right and don't put my name in the hat. ;)

H.
  13. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:confused: how do you find out if this gun is legal in south carolina? :confused: i havent done any other research yet, & i cant seem to find the answers on line. :rolleyes:
  14. HerbyJr

HerbyJr New Member

Hey Rosie...I don't think its legal there.(I hope you can see through my poor attempt to mislead you here) Don't bother trying! :rolleyes: I need every chance I can get!

H.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  15. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    rosierita, it is a 1896 Swedish Mauser and a C&R gun so unless SC has become like CA :mad:(nothing legal there including sling shots), it is legal. It shoots a 6.5x55 bullet and holds 5 rounds I believe. I am pretty sure it is SC legal but some one elso might corect me if wrong.