1. dennymac

dennymac New Member

Is a 7/7 Jap worth anything these days?
    Dad brought it home from WWII and he used it for years.
    Stiill works great.
    Supposed to have a chrome barrel??
    :):)
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

are you talking about the Type 99? If so, no, they did not have chrome barrels or chrome lined barrels. Sound like someone liked the buffing wheel. yes they are worth something. Post pictures and a little more info then we can get you a actual value.
  3. jondar

jondar New Member

If you take a picture, show the left rear part of the action with the logos on it and we can tell you what you have. Or, go to Google and search "Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War Two." There is a site with almost everything you need to know about the 7.7.
  4. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

Helix, before the "last ditch" Type 99's were being built, the Japs did chrome the bores.
    A friend brought one over to have me clean, bore was rusty and had a muddobber nest in it. I figured there was no hope for it. Ran a bronze bore brush through it while I flushed it with brake cleaner. Ran a patch through it to see how badly it was pitted, and about fell over when I saw a pristine chrome bore. You won't find the chrome bores, or the quality in craftsmanship on the rifles made near the end of the war.
    dennymac, value depends on condition, arsenal it was made, number made at that arsenal, if the "Mum" is scrubbed or not, etc.
    Pics are worth a thousand words.
  5. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

well heck, I didn't even know that...
    maybe thats why mine shines like a mirror
  6. TRAP55

TRAP55 Active Member

:eek: I didn't either, my first thought was dang! I just discovered the worlds best bore cleaner!:D