1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/20/02 11:57:14 am)
    Reply Rip Off?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I feel like I'm being ripped off and I'd like your fed back on the subject.

I need a spring for my HK, approximate cost $3.00. The cheapest place so far has been $11.00.....shipping cost ya'know.

Now how much money do you have to make to support an envelope and a .37cent stamp toss it in the out box and get on with your life.

Maybe I'm just cheap but I feel that this is excessive for the service.

Comment?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/20/02 1:12:13 pm)
    Reply Re: Rip Off?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's a good question Smoky, I have seen business's that charge a minimum of $5.00 + up for shipping

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/20/02 2:20:40 pm)
    I know exactly how you feel. I hate it when I really really need a part that costs less than $5, but I end up paying close to $20 after shipping and other costs. For instance, I ordered some gift certificates for Christmas presents. I can't believe that some places have the gall to charge $4.95 for shipping, when a freakin' stamp costs $0.37.

But you also have to consider the fact that they have to pay someone to go get the part from the warehouse or shelf, package it up, address it, etc. It's not just the cost of shipping, but the cost of running the whole operation, from keeping the lights on to having fresh coffee for the employees.

Maybe if you describe the part you need, someone here may be able to find it for a cheaper delivered price.....
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/20/02 10:20:13 pm)
    Re: Rip Off?
    My shipping prices are strictly decided upon by weight
    and insurance, which is usually guns and or ammo, and
    on quantity of ammo I offer free shipping, on anything
    of small value, I usually give free shipping or whatever
    the shipper charges me.

You do have a very valid point Smokey, there are dealer/
    sellers out there that not only make their mark up which
    is normal and usually fair, BUT some also highly pad the shipping, which in my opinion is no different than price
    gouging in another form.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/20/02 11:31:11 pm)
    Only time I charged for shipping I ended out about $15 (and that was after he paid the shipping).

Still I would prefer to lose a little bit of money than to overcharge.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/21/02 7:23:14 pm)
    Smokey, I got it U want it, but how badly ??

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/21/02 9:21:39 pm)
    IB, I tink he wants'ta pay tree clams fuh da ting yoo got!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/22/02 7:34:41 am)
    w I M sure I ain't got what he wants, just doin a suppose, I suppose. Tac U got da vernacular down purty dam good, U sure u ain't from Joisey City??

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/22/02 10:30:50 pm)
    Yeez'ago, family off of Kennedy Blvd.

Me, originally NY!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/23/02 9:54:23 am)
    Hoo boy, I node where U B comin from!! nex dam ting U B tellin me a tree grows in Brooklyn. U hadda b da dude dat put da "zip" in "zip gunz"

rest a yooze feel free ta join in , dats if ya cud keep up!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/23/02 12:16:26 pm)

TFF VMBB Email Tac

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/23/02 12:37:29 pm)
    I can understand about 2/3 of what you two are saying - no way I'm going to try and chime in.

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/25/02 10:07:38 am)
    Jeeze all I wanted was a spring and I get a lesson in da engrish lannguge or sompun.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/25/02 8:13:23 pm)
    Stick'aron, yool loyn soon'anuff!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/26/02 9:53:07 am)
    Yar welcum to da wunnerful woild of da "hood". Yuzze play yur cards rite, may even letcha inta da budda-bing!!