Riverside arms SxS 12 gauge

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by CptnSnowball, Jul 17, 2013.

1. CptnSnowball

CptnSnowball New Member

Hi, I was looking through some of my grandpas old guns and came across a Riverside arms Co. SxS 12 gauge shotgun. It is hammerless and has a patent date of Apr. 20 1915 on side. The serial number is 10266. I did a little research and found people saying it is a model 315 and that riverside arms was owned by Stevens. I'm interested if anyone has any information about this shotgun like an approximate manufacture date. I don't think it's worth much but it looks like it would be a blast to shoot.

Thanks,
    Cody
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Take a look at the information here - there's a pretty complete history of the J. Stevens Co. (which is who made it):

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=201945

They aren't worth a great deal and I'm sure it would be fun to shoot. I suspect it would use 2 3/4" shells but you should double check that. It is highly unlikely that it uses 3" shells.