Riveting Machine ?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Freebore, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Freebore

Freebore New Member

Picked this up a few weeks ago at a garage sale, the guy told me he thought it was a riveting machine of some sort, the condition at the time was pretty poor (rust, grime, grease, and a lot of unknowns) I offed him 10 bucks and he grinned took it.

After degreasing, bead blasting, polishing, some bluing, and a new coat of pumkin orange, we have a beautiful little Lyman Tru-line Jr. (anybody remember them ?)

I actually have no real use for this little guy, so maybe I'll find a good home for it.

Beside shooting and reloading, one of my other hobbies is rebuilding old reloading equipment, just love to see old stuff like this get a fresh start.

Attached Files:

2. CJ7365

CJ7365 Member

Wow!!! looks brand new, great job on the refurb job, are you going to at least try it out???
  3. muddober

muddober Active Member

What a cool little reloader and nice work. Thanks for sharing. How much do you want for it? I don't need it at all but I just like it. I have this old Hollywood press and if you will pay the shipping I will package it up and just give it to you.

Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  4. Freebore

Freebore New Member

Ron

Let me know what shipping to zip 60714 would be ? and I can send M.O. or ?

Bob
  5. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

6. Freebore

Freebore New Member

The only problem with the Tru-line Jr. is that it uses non-standard dies (5/8 threads), these dies are only available (used) in older calibers. The larger rifle calibers were neck sized only with these dies.

Lyman still makes a few of the #310 (5/8) dies, but only in a some odd calibers.
  7. muddober

muddober Active Member

Bob I will find out tomorrow and PM you. Also you can just send me your check for the shipping after you get it, I don't need a M.O. I do ask that you post a picture of it when you are done with it.

Ron
  8. Freebore

Freebore New Member

Will do....thanks
  9. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

That thing is so coooooool!! :D Well done Bob!! Would you be interested in selling it? My Uncle left behind an old RCBS press.... looks like an old Rock Chucker. I didn't look @ it very close because it's in a very bad way (rusted bad) so I didn't give it much thought. After looking @ your rebuild/restoration, I might just give it a second looksee! ;)

Send me a PM if you want to talk sale or trade.

SR :)
  10. MH2008

MH2008 Member

I just got two of these for free from a guy i work with, I was wondering since i don't have access to a sand blaster do you think i could get ok results with sand paper and a whole lot of elbow grease? Or would it not be worth it and should i just try and sell them as is?
  11. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

It's worth the time to at least clean them up with some degreaser and a dish washing scrubby pad. I wouldn't want to use sand paper, that's some tough paint they have on them and the time spent would be great. Do you have any pics? Which presses did you get?

Welcome to TFF and have a great one!

Woolley
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  12. MH2008

MH2008 Member

wolley this is all i got from the guy i work with.
    -RCBS JR 2
    -Lyman 45 lubricator and sizer
    -2 Lyman Tru Line JR
    -CH (H) press
    -Herters super model 3
    -Lachmiller 100 (single stage shot shell reloader)
  13. creektrails

creektrails New Member

Freebore, that press looks great. Do you have a before picture? And would you be available to restore my 1973 David Brown 955 tractor? ;-)
  14. Kestral

Kestral Member

What a lovely job,wish I could do it as well. Seeing the primer holder on the Tru-line, anyone know where I could get any,large and small primer holders,as it looks as if it will fit my Lyman AA ( All American Press Turret ) presses, which are getting to the end of their lives.
  15. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Wow!! You got some great presses there. Sandblasting is just the easiest way to strip off the old paint; there are plenty of other options. For the ones that you want to keep and use, I would go with a chemical stripper. The ones you want to sell, you can just wipe down with some Kroil and a sponge. Use a fine steel wool and Kroil gently on areas that have any rust.

All of those presses will sell well, there's a good $300 worth of presses there; more if they're cleaned up and refinished.

Ok, I just saw the presses that you posted pics of; they're in pretty good shape! Give them a good wipe down and degreasing; they've got plenty of life left in them.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011