Roberts Might Not be Out of His Gourd After all

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by dons2346, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. 45nut

45nut Active Member

I beg to differ, sir. The whole bill is unconstitutional and should have been struck down forthwith. I agree the commerce clause verbiage leans toward our side, but I don't take this obscene ruling as anything other than a liberal POTUS power grab for King Barak I, His Most Holy and Powerful Potentate.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I'm leaning towards this interpretation myself. I think Roberts wants Obama out, but he wants him to be soundly defeated by the wrath of the American people. That's what we're supposed to do,get rid of the trash and all his little stooges in Congress. He's hoping our anger at him will translate to voter turnout and Liberal defeat across the board. He is not a stupid man.JMO
  4. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I beg to differ with 45nut.

The Supreme mr Roberts did the Supreme act to the American Citizens. :mad:

I've seen this regurtitated arguement rewritten countless times since the ruling, and it's no more believable than the 1st.

His ruling (in effect), gives the fed unlimited taxing authority over the people. How can anyone in their right mind support this ruling? :confused:

He tweeked the commerce clause, but it pales in comparison to the unprecidented compromise he justifies. :bleh:

I don't care what ya call it, it's unconstitutional in its entirety and shoulda been a 9-0 vote.

People call it Genious! Courageous! Breath taking!

I'll give him one thing, It did give the people something to think about. Some of think it's BS (in more ways than one). Every time I read one of these articles it presumes that Roberts 'pulled one over' on the liberals. Really? Liberals don't read these articles? They don't have any idea?

We they people have been royally hosed, and both sides of the aisle are high fiveing about it. :mad:
  5. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

Roberts is out of his mind to my way of thinking. He is a piece of crap and has NO business sitting on the bench. To suggest otherwise is ABSOLUTELY ludicrous. Saying that obummer care is constitutional is WRONG.. The only people that like this decision live in California and New York. These are the people riding in the wagon, not pulling it, that will vote for him. Look at the fruit cakes the people from New York and California sent to congress. Schummer, Pelosi, Wrangle and Boxer just to name a few. By the way, people in congress that received favorable treatment from Countrywide crooks: Towns from New York, McKeon from California, Gallegly from California just to name a few. These so called people were given a pass by the congressional ethics committee. Congressional and ethics simply do not go together. Also, California and New York have some of the most repressive gun laws in the United Sates.
  6. JohnnyFlake

JohnnyFlake New Member

Roberts is absolutely lost his mind!!! His brains are obviously scrambled because whatever he thinks, he was thinking, when he made the illegal wording changes making Obummer Care a Tax and therefore constitutional, is all wrong!!! Roberts is an embarrassment to the Supreme Court and the United States. He has destroyed any confidence the people may have had in the Supreme Court. Just take a look at him when the cameras are only on him. He breaks out into a freaky, scary half ass smile. It is truly creepy!!!
  7. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

obozo care does NOT go into effect until 2014. Should he be defeated, away goes his freekin plan.
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure Roberts didn't give the public more credit than they deserve by calling Obamacare a tax. I saw a sound byte this evening where Obozo avows his healthcare plan is unequivocally not a tax. If the highest court in the land deems it a tax, Obummer is proven by his own words to be a fraud and a liar. I just hope Joe the plumber gets the message!
  9. raven818

Not to take away from the obvious, but those of us who can add 2 and 2 together, already had several clues. ;)
  10. raven818

Just listening right now to one of his Boys saying it's not a tax. The host(ess) said, fortunately, we have a recording of his lawyer saying to the SCOTUS, it is a tax. :D

Another unreal remark they showed bHo making, was him saying..the law I passed.

Congress apparently had nothing to do with it. You know they're wishing he could prove he did it w/o any help at all.

There is no 'I' in Team, numbnuts. Narcissist to the extreme.
  11. armoredman

armoredman New Member

I'm thinking the Rabbi just might be right.
  12. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, the fat lady hasn't sung on this one yet. It will take a couple of years to sort it all out. We could get lucky sooner than that.
  13. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Former Guest

The fact that roberts has called it a tax and all the lib talkers are doing everything they can to deny that this is a tax says a lot to me.
  14. lawdawg

lawdawg Member

Tax, or penalty. Pa-tay-toe, pa-tah-toe. It doesn't matter what you call it, it will still cost the same; and guess who's going to pay it? I understand the legal and political issues surrounding the tax/penalty and the importance of the label attached to it, but it is still going to be the middle class who gets buttraped. Whether it is "legal" or not, does not mean that it's not a horrible idea that will all but put this country in the poverty line (moreso than we already are). .

-
  15. armoredman

armoredman New Member

No, lawdawg, this time the word is VERY important. Dear Leader burned a LOT of political capital making sure, over years, that everyone knew it was NOT a tax. Now SOCTUS, (including his liberal leftist appointees), have said it IS a tax. Why is this important?
    TAX is a dirty word, the only three letter four-letter word around. It means "I'm taking your money and there's nothing you can do about it." A "penalty" is something that happens to people who don't follow the rules, like the penalty box in hockey. Joe and Jolene Sixpack breathe a sigh, "Well, we won't pay any penalties, 'cause we always follow the law!"
    Now it's a tax, and it's a tax that hits the middle class like a hammer, the people suffering the most right now. Now Joe and Jolene SixPack are staring at the TV in shock, "What, we have the biggest tax increase in history just dumped on us, when gas is still over $3 a gallon and our adult child just moved back in because he lost his job, and WE'RE gonna pay because he doesn't have health insurance?"
    Words mean things, and the word TAX means one thing to those who enact them. Unemployment. Even big media can't spin this hard enough and fast enough to let The One win again, under normal rules, of course. Chicago rules...maybe.
    Of course, the conservatives, who seem to be of the "compromise to the win!" crowd, need to USE this all out, and show the truth, the bitter unvarnished truth, for every election until everyone who voted for this is unemployed...and paying the penalty for it.