1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

rock chucker supreme reload .416rigby?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, May 31, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

so.. will my RCS reload 416 rigby? enough throw / throat big enough? and I guess if it does that.. it will handle 375 H&Hmag ?

thanks
  2. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

I know you can load 300H&H Mag in the Rock Chucker and the big old Lyman Orange Crusher (just like their current Crusher II model).
    The Rigby and .375 have about the same max OAL as the .300.

I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure the Rock Crusher has about 4" of ram travel like the Orange Crusher does...seems to be about the same amount of clearance on either press when I've used them.
  3. cutter

cutter New Member

I load .375 H&H all the time on my RockChucker. I also reload .338 Lapua Mag on it (This round was orininally designed on the .416 Rigby but later changed) so yes it will reload the .416 Rigby. I load all of my larger rifle on the single stage and keep the progresive for pistol and small rifle. I think the rockchucker will load all but 50 BMG.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012