1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

rockchucker convertable to progressive?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, May 29, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

When i got into relaoding I decided to go single stage. I'm not into high production.. and i have no immediate plans to reload pistol cartridges as I rarely shoot pistol, except to stay proficient with my carry gun.. and at that amount of ammo.. it's plenty easy to buy couple boxes..e tc.

I went with a rock chucker supreme as a single stage press. I like it. love it actually.. many people told me i should get a turret or progressive.. however.. this is how the cards played out..e tc..

I just did some reading and see that the rcbs RCS is convertable to a provressive press with the addition of a 4-piggy-back kit. I also read that it is compatible with RCBS shotshell dies.

seems like a heckuva good deal / setup to me... sounds like if i ever DID decide to go progressive.. I'm an adapter kit away.. same with shotshell reloading. makes me like the RCS even more, unless i'm missing something.

( ps.. also no intentions of immediatly getting into shotshell reloading .. or progressive for that matter.. enjoying the SS works.. )

soundguy
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

The piggy back system works and isn't too cumbersome to mess with. its not quite so smooth as a dillon but very functional. I also have a RC that I use just for ss rifle and for universal decapping.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yep.. I like mine setup for rifle.. i have a lee c press cheapy onthe sid eof the bench for decapping...