rockchucker convertable to progressive?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by soundguy, May 29, 2012.

1. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

When i got into relaoding I decided to go single stage. I'm not into high production.. and i have no immediate plans to reload pistol cartridges as I rarely shoot pistol, except to stay proficient with my carry gun.. and at that amount of ammo.. it's plenty easy to buy couple boxes..e tc.

I went with a rock chucker supreme as a single stage press. I like it. love it actually.. many people told me i should get a turret or progressive.. however.. this is how the cards played out..e tc..

I just did some reading and see that the rcbs RCS is convertable to a provressive press with the addition of a 4-piggy-back kit. I also read that it is compatible with RCBS shotshell dies.

seems like a heckuva good deal / setup to me... sounds like if i ever DID decide to go progressive.. I'm an adapter kit away.. same with shotshell reloading. makes me like the RCS even more, unless i'm missing something.

( ps.. also no intentions of immediatly getting into shotshell reloading .. or progressive for that matter.. enjoying the SS works.. )

soundguy
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

The piggy back system works and isn't too cumbersome to mess with. its not quite so smooth as a dillon but very functional. I also have a RC that I use just for ss rifle and for universal decapping.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

yep.. I like mine setup for rifle.. i have a lee c press cheapy onthe sid eof the bench for decapping...