The Firearms Forum banner

'Rodgers Machine Gun' Shotgun

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  antiquedr 
#1 ·
mustang7513
(1/29/03 12:52:19 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Rodgers Machine Gun Model 1901 Shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

Here's what I've got for a shotgun:
Rodgers Machine Gun
The Interchangeable 1901 Model
Twist Belgium on top between barrels
R 20 on trigger guard
25xx serial number on bottom of barrel and on trigger/hammer mechanisim
Other marks on under side of both barrels. Hard to read but picture shows it a little.

Gun is in rough shape. Stock is broken behing hammer area. Clean break should be easily fixable. Can be seen in picture. Plenty of surface rust, but doesn't appear to be deep. One trigger guard screw and both but plate screws appear to be hardware store replacements. Both hammers and triggers work and breech opens, closes, and locks.

What can you tell me about the value of this both as is and if repaired and cleaned up.

Owner is a friend of mine and indicate they want to sell it.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(1/29/03 5:51:29 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Rodgers Machine Gun Model 1901 Shotgun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typical Belgian-import hardware-store gun c.1890. Vast numbers of this type shotgun were imported to fill the need for a utility grade working-man's shotgun during that time period. Few (if any) survive in working condition today, and even if tight-as-new they were not designed for the pressure curve of today's ammunition.

Value is as a decorator piece only, with complete pieces bringing in the neighborhood of $150.00. They dont sell for much higher than that, so the law of diminishing returns would definitely apply to working on that one.

mustang7513
(1/29/03 12:14:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Rodgers Machine Gun Model 1901 Shotgun
AntiqueDr,

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it. My friend will be disappointed as we all like to think we have that one special antique that will greatly subsidize our retirement.

Things of quality have no fear of time.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.