Rohm GMBH 38 spezial

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by stormgib, May 13, 2010.

1. stormgib

stormgib New Member

Anyone have experience with this revolver. Just came into ownership of this gun and it seems almost new. Understand that the manufacturer went out of business in the late '70's. Thanks for comments.
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

they make excellent paper weights. not a quality piece can and is considered sub-par worth maybe 150 bucks . it more than likely a rg63 made in suntheim germany the 22's have a bit of a following due to the fact they are cheap to shoot and will hold up better than a 38
  3. steve666

steve666 New Member

I doubt that it's worth the $150 mentioned above, closer to $100. It wa the Special that Saturday Night was named for!!!
  4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

as totally insane as this sounds i just ( last month ) saw a local shop list a rg 31 ( 32 s&w??? )for 200.00 it sold in 3 days. it was however like new in the box.
  5. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

there is always a market for low end guns. There is more people with a little money, than people with a lot of money. I see used Hi-points go for $150 when you could buy a new one for $165. As for rg's. I would rate as ok to shot but not for very long. I have a 38 like new in box and am confident if I shot a box of shells through it, it would deminish the condition quite a bit.
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I have a gun school that I take firearms to, once in a while.
    The Rohm is one of them that they will NOT even work on.

Shoot it while it lasts, then throw it away.
  7. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

so very true about low end guns. fleetwood hit it right on the head. years ago when i had part ownership of a gun shop i was out and about and stopped in to shot the breeze with another owner of a gun shop about 3 miles from me. we chatted about business and he asked me if i had alot of "thug" types visiting my my store. to which i replied no not that much. he said he was overwhelmed with those types and asked me if i knew why that was. as i was ready to say no clue i glanced over his gun cases. i saw davis, jennings, a few old h&r top breaks and told him i suspected the low end guns he sold was the drawing card.